Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been commuting on this freeway for about 2.5 months now and I have to say it has the most aggressive drivers , IMO.

Background: 2 lanes, 70mph posted: average left lane speed is 80-85 mph...lots of construction, RVs, trailers, and trucks in general.

At first, i tried to be easy going and leave more space but that just makes me the "whipping-boy" and everybody and their sister in a POS cut's me off...including trucks! Some are cool, but others cut me off and BRAKE (why do people do that?). So now I tail like everyone else...and it's real scary to think some of these wolf-packs are a mile long with barely a car length between cars and we're all going 80+mph!!! I know w/ my rex I have the better car w/ better brakes (and at my age, better reflexes) than most, so I know I can hang...I just have to worry about the car behind me.

DO anyone else in the greater Detroit area commute on this freeway?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep I live right off of 23 in Ann Arbor so I drive it every day to work. You're right, most people drive like maniacs on that road. M14 is probably even worse yet hehe. I like it though because most of the time nobody messes around, and you can get where you want to go rather quickly.

HAHA if you think 23 is bad you should try driving 275--> 696 up to the Troy area during rush hour :D .... it's literally crappy enough to make you quit your job and relocate. My advice is to get in the left lane and find a friend... the coppers can't pull you ALL over :) But don't be the guy that is going 0.1 mph faster than the guy he is "passing", and in the process holds up a line of about 20 cars, heh. I wish people would RIDE in the right lane and PASS in the left.... so many tools like to ride in the left lane, if I only had a turret on my rex I would blow them off the road lol.

This Detroit rant has been brought to you by:
-Matt (who desperately needs to move back into the country) :cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in AnnArbor so i know the roads you referred to...I thoguht 275 to 696 was a parking lot during rush hour? It was the few times I was unfortunate enough to be on it.

I do agree about the no nonsense drivers...they are cool and consistent...but for the pretenders who think they know what they are doing...>>>accident>>>70 mph becomes parking lot.

Hey, I didn't know anyone else cruised this forum...I just post this stuff to vent after my commute.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:) Yea the 275->96 area is usually packed. But the scary thing is when the traffic actually starts moving again (after being stopped for 20 minutes or longer). That's when you get alot of pissed off people accelerating quickly and tailgating.... only to have traffic come to a screeching halt a mile later :mad: . It's enough to make you go postal. Needless to say I quit my job up that way because of it, and I currently HAPPILY work in Plymouth now :) :D

I am rather new to this board, it's good to see some people from the area posting :) Definately a good place to hook up with the locals. Well I better get going before I get fired... haha. Take it easy

-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts