Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MI: 2005 STI/81k Miles/NO RUST/Custom Paint/Perfect Mechanical Order/STOCK! $15.9k

Car: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
VIN: JF1GD70665L518643
Color: Audi/Lamborghini Sepang Blue Pearl (Paint code LY5Q) and Subaru Java Black Pearl (Car was originally WRB)
Mileage: 81,414
Owners: 5 (I am number 5)
Carfax: CLEAN!

Hello Everybody! Up for sale is a 2005 STI in great condition. I bought the car with a spun bearing in May 2016 from the previous owner in Colorado with the intentions of fixing it and driving it as my personal car. I've got the car rebuilt and running perfectly, going through every detail. However I just had the opportunity to pick up a new job that will allow me to take a big step up to a GTR or a Viper. The car is complete except for the front bumper which I was going to take care of, but now do not have the time. This car has been very meticulously maintained and even had a service plan as detailed in the carfax.

Engine/Drivetrain: 10/10
The engine is completely stock and retains the stock tune. EJ257 shortblock with 62k miles installed in place of the block with the spun bearing. ALL parts were fully cleaned. All new gaskets and most of the seals. Brand new clutch also. The car runs PERFECTLY with NO leaks of any kind. The car runs very smooth with no vacuum leaks and has never had a CEL while I have owned it. Transmission shifts perfectly with no grinds or noises. Transmission oil is clean and clear. DCCD works as it should.

Suspension/Chassis: 9.5/10
100% stock besides wheels. No suspension clunks or abnormal problems that I can tell. Brakes work fantastically and are very smooth, no warped rotors. No bends or marks from bottoming out on the chassis. Absolutely NO rust anywhere on the chassis that I can find besides some slight surface rust on the rear bumper beam. This car is insanely clean underneath, seriously. Car was rarely driven in rain and NEVER driven in snow. One of the reasons I bought it.

Interior: 8/10
The interior is clean for the mileage and age, but has it's imperfections. The previous 2 owners were NOT smokers, however there is 1 cigarette burn hole on the drivers seat. I can't stand smoking and I can assure you the car does not smell like smoke. The dash has 2 imprints from where the previous owner had something clipped onto the dash. And the E-brake boot is slightly ripped, however not very noticeable when the handle isn't pulled. Steering wheel shows the common wear at the top. Otherwise the seats and carpet are very clean. Car also has OEM Homelink rearview mirror.

Body/Paint: 7/10
This is the only area of the car that needs attention. The car was painted by the 3rd owner, and the paint is fantastic. It appears to be a very professional job. I'm not a fan of non Subaru colors, but this Audi/Lamborghini paint is beautiful and very deep. It goes well with the Subaru JBP for a 2 tone look. The car was previously cut for a front mount and the front bumper had a lip on it that left some scuff marks. I DO have some brand new freshly painted STI side splitters from the previous owner, however have not put them on because I was probably going to replace the bumper. However I will let the next owner decide if they would like to put the new side splitters on or replace the bumper first. The Passenger fender has some paint chipped off. It is not super noticeable however. And the rear bumper has a moderate scuff from when somebody backed into it slightly. Not very noticeable until you get about 5 feet away. I was going to leave the fender and the rear bumper, but address the front bumper. Although it could be left the same too. Otherwise, no other major scratches or dents. The paint is clean and beads up very nicely when washed.

The car is entirely as it came from the factory except for these additional parts:

-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-Steel braided AVCS/Turbo oil feed line (Replaces stock one that always tends to break)
-Enkei CDR9 18" wheels wrapped in Riken Raptor 235/40/18 tires (Most of the tread is left, about 9/32nds)
-Blue Muteki lugnuts
-06/07 taillights
-Yellow high beam bulbs
-Blue-ish white turn signal bulbs front and rear
-Window tint all the way around except for windshield. Seems very dark but maybe not Limo dark.
-Aftermarket door speakers. Previous owner said they were JL or Ninja. They sound pretty good even with the stock stereo so I decided to leave them.

Overall this is a beautiful car in perfect mechanical condition. The interior is great and the exterior just has some flaws like most cars. No lights on the dash and the car has never given me a single problem. Nothing is wrong with the car and EVERYTHING works.

I am looking for $15,900 OBO
Open to reasonable offers, but I think the car is worth alot because of it's excellent condition (Besides the front bumper). Perfect mechanical condition and zero rust is not always easy to find.

Post here,
PM me,
Email: [email protected]
Text/Call: 248-921-9005 (Preferred)

Please let me know if you have any questions! I will be happy to answer them.

Pictures: (Please excuse the front splitters not being on the car. I haven't installed them in case the front bumper is going to be replaced)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reserved

·
Registered
34 Posts