Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize the mesh fog light covers are probably the easiest thing to install, but I have a question.

The light cover has a few tabs on the frame that fit right into the fog light well. No problem. However, the covers came with two black metal bars. One end of the bar attaches to the frame of the fog light cover. I'm not sure where the other end is supposed to attach to. That end of the bar has a hole in it for a screw I suppose, but I don't see where it's supposed to attach. Any ideas?

·
Registered
538 Posts
The other end of the bracket goes under the bolt that holds the fog light in place. Look straight back into the fog light housing (hole in bumper where the light mounts) and you will see the bolt. Use a 10mm socket to remove it. Place the bolt into the hole in the bracket, and put the socket (on an extension) over the bolt. Now, work the whole thing to the hole and screw it in, holding the bracket end that the cover mounts to with the rounded part facing upward. Once the bracket is tight, pop the cover on and insert the screw that came in the kit.

Note: I found the supplied screw to be too short. I picked up a couple of screws that were ~1/2" longer, which made the installation much simpler.

If you need pics/instructions, go to: www.scoobymods.com

They may have a tutorial there.

Good luck.

Curtis

·
Registered
249 Posts
My bracket doesn't line up with the hole in the cover. Here is a pictures. The screwdriver is pointing to the hole on the bracket.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had some troubles lining the screw up with the bracket as well. I found out that the bracket is pretty bendable, but just make sure you don't break it. Also, IIRC someone else screwed the bolt into the bracket first before putting the tabs into the fender. Hope that helps... if you were still having troubles.

Nardo

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Prince Ali said:
I tried bending the bracket, but it only brings it up. I couldn't bend it toward the hole.
Did you paint the inside where the foglight holes? Cus mine are black...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had the same problem as you, what I did was get them as close as I could and then went to buy longer screws and use those. I found the replica screws to be too short. I mean if you work really hard you might get them in but after 2 hours I gave up got longer screws and finished in 5 min.

·
Registered
249 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
Did you paint the inside where the foglight holes? Cus mine are black...
My mechanic damaged my front bumper and replaced it with a new one. The factory bumper are unpainted so I asked him to paint the whole thing silver.

·
Registered
196 Posts
A little late, but your bracket needs to be fliped the other way, then you can bend it, and make it line up!

·
Registered
249 Posts
03WRXMA said:
A little late, but your bracket needs to be fliped the other way, then you can bend it, and make it line up!
No, the brackets are on the correct way. I just had to bend them by hand to match up with the hole and use longer screws. The brackets will not fit in if you put them the other way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Prince Ali, I bought my fog covers from ebay awhile back and ran into the same problem. You probably had them on the wrong side, one side is for the left and one is for the right. If that's not the case then those must of been some f'ed brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
just wanted to say that's an epic profile pic...I love initial D!!
Though I agree it was a good show... your bringing an old thread back to life.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts