Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Æternum
15,471 Posts
Good luck.

I'm all for saving money, but not on garbage ebay parts that directly affect the way your vehicle handles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks zax, have you had experience with Megan Racing before? Just curious. I have a small amount of skill on setting up suspension and think 1 in front and back with a little increase in spring rate isn't going to affect the "handles" in a bad way. I intend on my foot doing all the damage... Cheers!

·
Æternum
15,471 Posts
Thanks zax, have you had experience with Megan Racing before? Just curious. I have a small amount of skill on setting up suspension and think 1 in front and back with a little increase in spring rate isn't going to affect the "handles" in a bad way. I intend on my foot doing all the damage... Cheers!
Yes.

Megan Racing is a knock-off brand.

There have been plenty of cases of metal sheering on basic products like strut bars. If a spring sheers while you are driving the car you can imagine what that will do. It's basic economics to me -- a quality set of springs from a reputable brand will run only $100 more, a small price to pay in order to ensure that you don't wreck a $35,000 vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spring "sheering"

Yes.

Megan Racing is a knock-off brand.

There have been plenty of cases of metal sheering on basic products like strut bars. If a spring sheers while you are driving the car you can imagine what that will do. It's basic economics to me -- a quality set of springs from a reputable brand will run only $100 more, a small price to pay in order to ensure that you don't wreck a $35,000 vehicle.
I suppose, I went to Google as a spring she(a)ring on my not so cheap (45k STi Limited) subie would be a disaster. But curiously I couldn't find any case of Megan Racing springs "she(a)ring" on any vehicle. I guess if you want to be a moderator and still hit the hate button on what you think newbs are the go for it.

I have been in the autocross game for a while, ran several spring companies including eibach, H&R, tien, megan and never had a problem. I just wanted to put a pic for other members who might be wanting to make the decisions for themselves. Megan makes a good product, nothing is perfect. I'm sure if I send subie off a 20 foot somethings gonna give.

If I'm wrong, send me some info (proof) that Megan springs fail. I would love to see it.

Troll away big fellah, troll away LOL.

Blake:woocow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts