ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend fell apart, but Colo. National Speedway is running cars again this weekend. Saturday is the usual stock cars and grand american modifieds, plus the trains, and sunday night is the usual cars plus figure-8's. They also put on an impressive fireworks show both nights. I know XspudX wants to have a get-together this weekend...who else is down?

We could meet at Mamacitas at 2, have lunch, maybe a mountain cruise, and then those who wanted could join us at the Speedway. Racing starts at 6, we'd leave Boulder around 5.

I'll probably go to the races both nights, so either day works for me...

Colo National Speedway

·
Registered
714 Posts
This meet would also be for anyone who is interested in coming to the Doherty Car Show as I will have the registration forms there in person.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I'm up for Harvey's but CU v. CSU is at six(I think) , I doubt after the game I'd be in any condition to drive anyways..... I've still gotta see this figure 8 thing though.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed. It's a 3/8 mile paved oval. A lot of high horsepower, loud cars that only drive in circles. But then they race cars in a figure 8, which means they cross in the x at the middle. The trains are 3 cars chained together, the front one has the engine but no brakes, the rear one has brakes but no engine. A driver in front and back, and the center car is just along for the ride. They race those in a figure 8 also :eek3:

A driver actually died last weekend at this track. The race was stopped to clear debris, and the guy had a heartattack in his car. When they were ready to restart, the driver behind him gave him a bump, thinking he couldn't re-start the car, but it just rolled into the infield :(

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
svc said:
A driver actually died last weekend at this track. The race was stopped to clear debris, and the guy had a heartattack in his car. When they were ready to restart, the driver behind him gave him a bump, thinking he couldn't re-start the car, but it just rolled into the infield :(
:eek: :( That is weird. It would be an eery feeling being there for sure. Pretty sad.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sam, you think it might be better to just meet up next saturday at teh autocross and then we can all go to harveys afterwards?

I am thinking about doing the autox but I dont think my tires will hold me through. That and I have too much body roll.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I probably won't be at the autocross, i'm not sure I can afford the tire damage... But I'm still planning on going to the speedway this saturday for racing (and sunday if I don't have anything else to do)
Ryan is down for saturday, and possibly Tasq, maybe a chicky friend of mine, and maybe even the illustrious Mikkito :eek:

:)

·
Registered
714 Posts
svc said:
I probably won't be at the autocross, i'm not sure I can afford the tire damage... But I'm still planning on going to the speedway this saturday for racing (and sunday if I don't have anything else to do)
Ryan is down for saturday, and possibly Tasq, maybe a chicky friend of mine, and maybe even the illustrious Mikkito :eek:

:)
The only problem is that I know my car wont make it up the interstate this time :( Im trying to see if I can get a ride up there. I'll pm you Sam.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Whada ya mean Sam? Didnt you just mount some new tires up? You cant be telling me you put that much wear from a day of auto x. According to their website there are 3 more events. I am hoping to be at all three with a couple of track days in between. You up for some track time this weekend?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts