ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know or doing a meet in the inland empire area. I'm new to the area and like to meet some subi fans

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome!

I'm in north Fontana and I was wondering the same thing... Now I'm subscribed in case somebody chimes in, but I believe there was one a few days ago in Costa Mesa. Other than that, I don't know what's upcoming.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Im down to meet up, im in hesperia. Not too far of a drive from me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
lol Maybe you guys can show me how to shift into 2nd properly when I take 1st all the way up... haha

Oh wait we're all still in the break-in period, yeah?

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Sup. i think theres one already going on i saw in one of the threads but its a sunday meet i think. I like to reserve my sundays for family and sleeping in therefore i never find the time to make it out there.

I work til 8 mon through friday, im available after. Starbucks, lollicup, krispy kreme... Any place with some drank or snackies lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sup. i think theres one already going on i saw in one of the threads but its a sunday meet i think. I like to reserve my sundays for family and sleeping in therefore i never find the time to make it out there.

I work til 8 mon through friday, im available after. Starbucks, lollicup, krispy kreme... Any place with some drank or snackies lol
Drank or snackies lol I work graves maybe setup a meet on a Saturday

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Im passed the break in, barely. Running stage 1. What kind of shifting help do you need? I dont normally bang gears around fearful of blowing up any part of the drivetrain lol

·
Registered
759 Posts
Im passed the break in, barely. Running stage 1. What kind of shifting help do you need? I dont normally bang gears around fearful of blowing up any part of the drivetrain lol
Well I don't wanna say that I'm just banging the gears around. As I understand, it's more of a finesse to shifting from first to second and getting the timing right when the RPMs drop to the proper entry point for the gear.

I just haven't gotten it down yet, but the car is only 6 days old. :)

In my old Camaro, I would just bang around in the gears, chirping the tires and what-not - but that's because it was RWD and the tires would give on the road. With our AWD system there needs to be actual talent to get it done right.

When shifting under normal driving conditions, I basically just let the drivetrain slip a little bit for a smooth shift with the clutch halfway engaged.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
6 days old? Oh then youll get it down soon enough. I also let off the clutch a little for smoother shifting. Even i havnt gotten it down though so lol cant help you there. Just time and practice i guess.

I can try this saturday but i know im swamped with take home work. Do t plan stuff around me my sched is always twisted lol. Wheres all the other IE people at lol

·
Registered
759 Posts
6 days old? Oh then youll get it down soon enough. I also let off the clutch a little for smoother shifting. Even i havnt gotten it down though so lol cant help you there. Just time and practice i guess.

I can try this saturday but i know im swamped with take home work. Do t plan stuff around me my sched is always twisted lol. Wheres all the other IE people at lol
Good to know!

And I'm unavailable this weekend - I'll be down in San Diego with the family. And I'm not necessarily asking for a one-on-one session just yet but I'm more than willing to listen if you have wisdom to impart!! Your profile reveals that you're a VP of a company, so I'm assuming that I at least wouldn't be some old guy getting shown how to drive by a teenager... lol

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
I am in fact a VP of a company, a company that had been passed down to me. Small business, but in the eyes of the corporation. VP is my title. And how does an "old guy" (lol) feel about hearing some driving input from a 22 year old who looks 15. Haha.

You wouldnt believe how many times i get refused alcohol or smokes at gas stations because of my appearance. My ID isnt fake, bastards. Lol

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am in fact a VP of a company, a company that had been passed down to me. Small business, but in the eyes of the corporation. VP is my title. And how does an "old guy" (lol) feel about hearing some driving input from a 22 year old who looks 15. Haha.

You wouldnt believe how many times i get refused alcohol or smokes at gas stations because of my appearance. My ID isnt fake, bastards. Lol
Lol yep, you're a baby still!! Naw, I'm 33 now. Where are you at in the high desert? My wife and I bought a house up there in 2004 and then sold it in 2007 and moved back down the hill. I was at the 395 & Palmdale (18).

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
2 miles south of the main st exit. miles away from any other city lol. but seriously no one else in the IE? i want to have like a weekly thing going on. i know im pretty far so i cant have everyone come to me but ill take a 30 mile drive to a nice spot. Ricer free ofcourse.

·
Registered
759 Posts
2 miles south of the main st exit. miles away from any other city lol. but seriously no one else in the IE? i want to have like a weekly thing going on. i know im pretty far so i cant have everyone come to me but ill take a 30 mile drive to a nice spot. Ricer free ofcourse.
Dude you live right next to my cousin then. He's "Big Rob" of Big Rob's Automotive. Good guy - he'd be more than willing to help out if you ever need help with some mods.

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I'm in the military so riverside is where I'm stationed now my number is from LA when I used to live there

1 - 20 of 75 Posts