ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to bandi on 7/21

I am thinking of going for the first time.
I will be running my 92 legacy ss.

Some quick questions: can spectators come? cost for spectators?
anyone ride with you in the car?

Hope to see and meet some of you?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I will be there on Friday for CLUB CLASH. Anyone can join the club and gets at least 3 runs guaranteed. Colorado Import Alliance! I will probably race my Beetle. I am thinking about adding nitrous to it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If I get my car back this afternoon I will be there .. is it still $35 dollars .. I havent been to a test n tune since last year.

·
Registered
347 Posts
WRX Harvey said:
I will be there on Friday for CLUB CLASH. Anyone can join the club and gets at least 3 runs guaranteed. Colorado Import Alliance! I will probably race my Beetle. I am thinking about adding nitrous to it.
Dont do it Harvey, if you add nitrous to that bug it better be the most expensive, progressive kit available, and it better have a consistancy guarantee. Don't sacrifice constistant times for faster times.:p

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I would, but the Outback near my house just opened, and I love my 20oz Porterhouse with 5 grilled shrimp. Plus my mom is paying, so I'm going for sure. Maybe in two weeks I will bring the WRX out.
MCL

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm done

Well there were only a couple Subies out there tonight. After a brief rain delay I got in a total of 4 runs.

Tonight I decided I'm done chasing the best possible time on the 13T here at altitude. I just don't think the little bit more available is worth beating on the car anymore to get it.

Larry's friendly Bandimere -- 13T challenge.

If anyone else wants to chase or improve the record at Bandimere, here are the best all time numbers on the stock 13T turbo -- no nitrous as of July 21, 2004.

Car weight 2845#
100+ octane fuel
Altitude 5800 ft.

Best ET 13.239
Best trap speed 102.97
Best 60' 1.787

In theory there should be a 13.1xx still in the car. To get these times, I need to power shift it. I believe it would take an absolutely perfect run on a cool high barometer day to get that last little bit, and I just don't feel right flogging the car that hard for just a few more thousands of a second.

Next up 16G, and 12's :D

Thanks to all of you who have been supportive as I tilted at this wind mill!!

Larry

(edit to change stock turbo compressor designation to 13T )

·
Registered
347 Posts
I almost asked you tonight Larry- "So when you gonna give in and get a different turbo? You must want to run 12's, right?" But then the pizza trailer got busy, and then you were running again. You think the 16g will be enough? Congrats on the new choice!

·
5,799 Posts
My night was nothing special. Same old same old.

60' - 2.198
1/8 - [email protected]
1/4 - [email protected]

Yeah.. if I had a decent 60' I know my trap is good for a low 11, but launching this thing is tricky. At least my trap is back where it should be, after having it fall to around 119mph last year due to crappy jetting.

Best result previously was an 11.6 @ 122 IIRC.

-Pace

·
Registered
293 Posts
pace said:
My night was nothing special. Same old same old.

60' - 2.198
1/8 - [email protected]
1/4 - [email protected]

Yeah.. if I had a decent 60' I know my trap is good for a low 11, but launching this thing is tricky. At least my trap is back where it should be, after having it fall to around 119mph last year due to crappy jetting.

Best result previously was an 11.6 @ 122 IIRC.

-Pace
What kind of car?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts