ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the way to a local Subaru meet. Didn't have the good gas in there so I am only running 16 psi. Was on the interstate and just cruisingat about 70-75 mph. White LT1 Camaro (pretty sure it wasn't stock, but all I could tell it had was wheels) rolls up next to me and gives me a rev. End up putting it in third and he hears my engine rev up. As soon as he hears it he guns it. I hit the gas and as soon as the turbo spools I catch him and start to pull. When we shut down I had him by a little bit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
kinda hapy i checked youe mods before i made a comment

Neversatisfied said:
Was on the way to a local Subaru meet. Didn't have the good gas in there so I am only running 16 psi. Was on the interstate and just cruisingat about 70-75 mph. White LT1 Camaro (pretty sure it wasn't stock, but all I could tell it had was wheels) rolls up next to me and gives me a rev. End up putting it in third and he hears my engine rev up. As soon as he hears it he guns it. I hit the gas and as soon as the turbo spools I catch him and start to pull. When we shut down I had him by a little bit.
:D

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
hmm...the lt1s still had 275-285hp...I'd think a WRX would need more boost in edtion to just exhaust in order to beat one from a roll...the lt1s trapped anywhere from 97-102 bone stock.

·
Registered
352 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:
hmm...the lt1s still had 275-285hp...I'd think a WRX would need more boost in edtion to just exhaust in order to beat one from a roll...the lt1s trapped anywhere from 97-102 bone stock.
I agree its a good matchup. Obviously because I pulled 3 cars on an LT1 from a roll does not mean every UP/DP wrx will. I went from a 50-110 roll with the LT1...he had 1 passanger and I had none. With my current mods im certain i would beat it even worse from a roll.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StoplightWarrior said:
I trapped at 108 with stock ECU and stock fuel. Lets just say neither one of those are stock anymore along with a few "drivetrain" mods. :)

I knew it wasn't going to be much of a run, but it was my first for 3 1/2+ months. Car was sleeping for a long time and I am just happy its back on the road. :wiggles:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts