ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night coming home from work, I had an encounter with a new 350z 6 sp with exhaust. He came up to me and started to blink his lights, so I slowed down.We were doing about 40mph at the time, I down shifted into 2nd gear.Then I honked 3 times and we were off.I was about a car up on him at about 120mph then I let off. :D I was pretty happy about the results.what do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
As much as I love the wrx theres no way it could take a z from a roll with the mods you have and it being able to breath freely, but who knows all depends on the driver :wiggles:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
maybe he was auto????

Your prolly at 210whp at most and he is at 240whp...eh you never know.

nice kill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
with just a catback, more like 170 whp (dyno dynamics)....


Dunno what happened, but the z should've pulled on u after about 80 or so, especially a race from a roll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got to tell you guys that the custom exhaust i put in is not like the ones that you buy.There are no baffles and chambers on it,and I also took one of the cats(resinator) out with it.I also went neck to neck with a 97 M3 with intake and Exhaust,(which) he said that there was no way that I could of stayed neck to neck with the mods I have.The exhaust REALLY gave me more top end.I also raced a late 80s early 90s 5.0 which had at least Exhaust and pulled on him by over 2 cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,126 Posts
I have an 04 WRX as well

mods are catless TXS turboback, catless uppipe, and IC hoses, and I raced a STOCK 350Z from a 40mph roll and 60mph roll.

He pulled both times on me.

But good kill I guess...might've been an Auto...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
MLB427 said:
I got to tell you guys that the custom exhaust i put in is not like the ones that you buy.There are no baffles and chambers on it,and I also took one of the cats(resinator) out with it.I also went neck to neck with a 97 M3 with intake and Exhaust,(which) he said that there was no way that I could of stayed neck to neck with the mods I have.The exhaust REALLY gave me more top end.I also raced a late 80s early 90s 5.0 which had at least Exhaust and pulled on him by over 2 cars.
i got to tell you that plenty of us run straight pipes as well...no resonators/baffles or cats..you're is nothing out of the ordinary....

anyways good kill if he actually was racing....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
I believe it...I was behind a 350z getting on the interstate yesterday in my z28 and the guy went WOT and I stayed at about 75% throttle and I was glued to his bumper...They don't seem to be that quick...I'd put it about on par with a stockish 99+ GT stang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
You've switch from comparing a N/A v8 from comparing a turbo four. The top end comparison is not reasonable, but if you haven't driven something other than the two top end cars i see in your signature then you might forget how significant is the difference.

para
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
i raced my buddy's 350z highway roll 3rd gear at like 60-65 up to 120..i took him by a car ...i have hks dp/up/ ..injen sus catback and mbc @15 psi (that day).........i would be really shocked if just with catback you could hang with a z..but with dp/up/catback and mbc it shoudln't be a problem, or in my case it wasnt...friend was bone stock..well he had injen intake but that's it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
926 Posts
My best friend has a STOCK AUTO G35, and with my UTEC, UP/DP/Catback(stage II basically), i was able to pull about a car on him up to 110. With just the exhaust he would still pull me slightly from a roll. I drive this G35 daily and the G35/350z's are NO JOKE from a roll. I LOVE my wrx, but a 350 if he was really racing you with exhaust should have owned you from a roll man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
The guy you raced must have been a terrible driver because my friend has a 350z with just an exhaust, cold air intake, and a chip and his car could definitely beat me in reverse. I am raising the BS flag on this one - I have to....I know the350z too well to be able to believe that a stock wrx with a catback and a panel filter could beat one. You can easily beat a lot of stuff with even a stock Rex but the 350z just is not on that list until you are at stage 2- Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Trailboss said:
I have an 04 WRX as well

mods are catless TXS turboback, catless uppipe, and IC hoses, and I raced a STOCK 350Z from a 40mph roll and 60mph roll.

He pulled both times on me.

But good kill I guess...might've been an Auto...
Even if the Z was auto, it still should of pulled. Maybe the Z didn't know they were racing until the wrx passed???
 

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
Joined
·
500 Posts
Cavadini said:
My best friend has a STOCK AUTO G35, and with my UTEC, UP/DP/Catback(stage II basically), i was able to pull about a car on him up to 110. With just the exhaust he would still pull me slightly from a roll. I drive this G35 daily and the G35/350z's are NO JOKE from a roll. I LOVE my wrx, but a 350 if he was really racing you with exhaust should have owned you from a roll man.
dude!! Where were you when we had the whole R32 vs. G35 argument the last weeK???? Finally someone that understands the power that these cars have.

I too have to call BS on this one. I had HKS up, Godspeed down, Blitz SUS, and still lost to a 350Z. Put in my MBC (sold) and had no more problems beating them into submission on the freeway. I must tell you guys though that until you chip or change maps, the bolt-ons don't do much. I'm not saying you won't feel or notice, but they are not fully utilized until engine management accounts for them.

Now, it's not even funny how bad they lose! They still win the beauty contest though, and if you're parking lot pimpin', you'll almost always look sore.

I honestly don't know if I hadn't bought a 350Z if it was out without the mark-up when I got my WRX. They sure are damn nice cars and performers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
I'm in the same boat had the 350Z not been so expensive when I was car shopping there would of been no choise. However I got my car new off the lot for 21k after taxes and there was no way a nissian lot was gonna get even close to that. However for a future purchase I think a greddy twin turbo 350Z sounds good :) And that is when I'm rich :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know why I even wrote this thread.I am 35 years old why the hell would I lie to you guys.Don't believe if you don't want, I know what happened that night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
MLB427 said:
I don't know why I even wrote this thread.I am 35 years old why the hell would I lie to you guys.Don't believe if you don't want, I know what happened that night.
I dont think think people are trying to say that you lied....

It's more of a, car vs. car, he should have won, and dont expect the same outcome next time.

good run though... but car vs. car, he will win that race



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top