Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here i was minding my own business. i was going home from work when i noticed an s4 on the same road. by the time i got to the highway, i was pretty far ahead of him, prob about 1/4mi. so i see him speed up to catch me. he stays on my tail for a bit, then pulls into the passing lane (4 lane hwy) and i'm in the second lane. his passenger looks at me, points forward, and motions to play. now, the night b4, i had put in some 100 octane gas just to see if there was any difference (not much, maybe better mileage?? :mad: ). so here i was thinking, damn, this sh!t is expensive, so better not. thought some more and decided y not?! :D
so i pull into the lane next to him and gun it. 100 comes up fast, and b4 i know it, we're doing about 120!! :eek:
the bum is on my tail like glue!! this isn't the depressing part. to me, it seemed like he also had 2 rear passengers AND TWO bikes on his rack!!! while i didn't expect to leave him behind, i expected to pull away slowly!! well, b4 knew it, my exit came up and i slowed down to change lanes.
hopefully i was wrong and there was only ONE passenger in his car. :eek:
think i saw the guy again a few days later and got a wave from him. looked like the same car w/o the rack.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: yuletak ]

G

·
I just got my car and I am already puting in work.I saw two cars in riverside yesterday hailing ass down the street an EL COMENO SS and a CIVIC I fell in behind them and played a little then I let the turbo kick.The EL COMENO guy got pissed off and wonted to race from a dead stop np.We got to a light it turned green I let him go first to let him feel good before I slamed him.You know I smocked his punkass OYA.I like this car. :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
TurboMan31: You were lucky the El Camino SS was stock, otherwise he could have run circles to you. These can run 11s and 12s constantly all day long.

G

·
maybe it was chipped. a chipped S4 can run low 13's easy, with 4 poeple in the car, a rack, and two bikes who knows.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: NastyNate ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah, i forgot to add... :eek:

when i got home, i called up my friend. he thought it might've been a friend of his from church from the description. if it IS the guy from church, then it's all stock. my bud told me that the guy didn't want to void the warranty.

oh, i plan on doing some more stuff to the car... but i'm trying to save up for a motorcycle instead. the car is plenty fast for me. :D

G

·
Don't feel bad, after all, the S4 is a tuned version of the A-4, and probably cost him about $15K more than you spent. Now if you had a WRX-STI, then maybe it would have been a fair fight. :)

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: K-WRX ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing is, i thought it WAS seeing as how it looked like he had 3 passengers AND 2 bikes. ah well. :O
next time when i have my motorcycle!! :D

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: yuletak ]

·
Registered
21 Posts
just remember that the s4 also has a larger displacement engine, hence, more torque, and that's why he CAN lug a lot more crap and not feel it as much ;)

-victor

G

·
I broke off a kid in an Integra last week I was just toying with him.Aad a guy in that new Eclips or galant with two doors they so stink it was a GT like that mather I played with him on the freeway for a while letting him lead then I let the turbo kick and smocked his ass.I hate how Misuebeshi has just skrued up that car I use to like Eclipes.They have turned it into my grandmothers Chevy Celbrity with to doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts