ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have to say this was my first real attempt at a race. on the way home today, about 12:30 this camero with a guy by himself decides hes not going to let me over, well i think no prob my turn off is comming up anyway. well he gets beside me an decides to start to rev in gear,,you know. well i decide after having my car for all most a year now i am a little tired of all the B.S. of these so called want to be's reving all the time, so it's on........i drop it to third floor it and i am right on his tail, i mean i can read the small print on the window, hahaha...we pass a few cars with me in tow and as soon as it clears i get over into the next lane to look at him as i wave bye bye...put it into fourth and its all over i am 2cars ahead and pulling...as i looked over he kind of looked down like what's wrong with my car...o man...LOL it was funny the look on his face... well no thumbs up guess he thought i would back out, being i had four other people in the car.....see if he learns or not, would have been over if this started from a stop and we were not all ready rolling at about 30mph, it ended at about 70mph....just had to share...:p :p :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
camero...

yea, he would not even look over at me. stayed about a car length back. tried to talk to him but no good..

·
2,472 Posts
silly cameros, acting so suprised that they lost to a 'lil 'ole 4 cylinder...hehe

one day they'll learn not to mess with a rex ;)

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
DUDES! It's C-A-M-A-R-O !!

Sorry, but why is that so hard. :D

V6 Camaros are the biggest jokes in the world. If it isn't a woman driving, I usually laugh. Why on earth would someone think they could take a Rex in one? Some have to be taught on a one-on-one basis. (read between the lines on that one)

-Jim

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That had to be a v6 camaro because if it was a v8 it would walk you all day unless of course you have a Wrx with the unichip stage package or a bc. Then you might could hang with the v8 big boys.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
camero

like you said unless... and yes i have hung with a Z28 all the way up to 80 and this was from a roll, from the start i would have taken him, top speed no way..1/4 mile or 0-60 hes mine..big 225/45-17's MBC, turbo back exhaust, intake, BOV running 16.0psi...even at a roll he kept looking back with that ...why am i not walking from this guy...that look... priceless:D on the and yes that day it was a V6, but i had 4 other people in the car and still pulled from behind to pass him......:D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You might be able to hang with those ls1 v8's. They are mean especially the 6 speed ones. SGOWRX knows for a fact because he had one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, i do not think the WRX could hang with a camero SS unless you have a stageII kit from someone. even with an intake full turbo back exhaust, and a MBC i beleive it would eat you up....i could not pass the last Z28 LS1 car i raced but he really did not pull on me either, remember this was from a roll of about 15mph. from a start i think i could have had him because of the launch. for the most part all i could do was hope that if i got the jump on him he would give up, after the 1/4 mile a Z28 would pull on the top with no problem. this makes me miss my 2000 C5 corvette, but the WRX is more fun when a V8 or something gets beat by a 4cyl and the classic look on the other persons face...WOW:eek: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts