ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just went outside to take of my tire to check out the brakes and the stock lug wrench wont take off my aftermarket lugs..grrr, just pissed that i have to go out and spend more money

·
Registered
766 Posts
How'd you install the McGard's if you don't have the right tools? IIRC, you'll need a 21mm socket to fit the McGard key.

Calvin

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cnk said:
How'd you install the McGard's if you don't have the right tools? IIRC, you'll need a 21mm socket to fit the McGard key.

Calvin
I got them mounted and balanced so the guy put them on.

21 mm socket..hmmm..i was thinking i was going to have to buy a new lug wrench thingy.

THANKS!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I put a set of custom wheels on a previous car I owned and had to replace the lug wrench. The stock one was too thick-walled to fit into the sockets around the lugs. So, figuring I was going to have to get a new wrench and socket anyways, I bought a cheap parrallel-bar torque wrench and the right socket and kept it with me. So if I ever needed to change the tires, I could make sure everything was torqued up right. THis is also good because some rims need to have the lugs re-tightened after some driving if they were just put on. Plus, it was really nice having that long bar to break the lugs loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts