ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped the key for my last wheel lock, and sometime in the near future I will need to remove it. Any ideas on how to get the last one off?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I assume you mean the lock lug nut?
If so, I got mine off by using a larger socket to fit over the lug nut, then I twisted it off, of course, it was damaged after that and had to get a new set.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a plan. I'm not going to buy another set of the locking lugs, anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Should be able to go to a dealership and they'll remove it for free. My Mcgard key broke on my GSR and I took it in. They removed all 4 locks and gave me some free regular ones.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a 3/4 in socket and hammered it on (literally) and then took it right off with my socket wrench. I have gorilla spline-drive lugs for the new wheels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
EtchyLives said:
I took a 3/4 in socket and hammered it on (literally) and then took it right off with my socket wrench. I have gorilla spline-drive lugs for the new wheels.
Yeah makes you wonder how theft resistant they really are if they come off that easy huh? Guess they are more of a deterant than anything.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think that pepboys sells a wheel lock remover with a simular idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts