ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was at McDonald's doing my best to change new car smell into french fry smell. The cashier in the drive through said, "Nice car." After I got my food there was an attendant changing the trash bins in the parking lot. He echoed his friend with a "nice car".

First time I ever got compliments for a car I drove. The 2000 plymouth neon didn't pull much weight in that dept. :)

·
Æternum
20,597 Posts
:thumbup:

·
SPT for the win!
60 Posts
get use to the scooby R.E.S.P.E.C.T.... but hold on to that new car smell. and if your going to get rid of the smell use something like the smell of burnt clutch or tires! not french fries :nono:

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
get use to the scooby R.E.S.P.E.C.T.... but hold on to that new car smell. and if your going to get rid of the smell use something like the smell of burnt clutch or tires! not french fries :nono:
:rotfl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point. I'm doing my best to cut down on the McDonald's habit. I've since moved to the salad offerings, and have pretty much stopped all hamburger intake from them. However, the wife and daughter still like their fries.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I was driving to Pcola to get tuned. Some girl yelled out the window of her car, "I love your car!" I always drive with my windows down so naturally I responded with, "Well that makes one of us!"

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I was driving to Pcola to get tuned. Some girl yelled out the window of her car, "I love your car!" I always drive with my windows down so naturally I responded with, "Well that makes one of us!"

·
Registered
902 Posts
LOL

I get random thumbs up and a "nice car" once in awhile too but what kind of surprised me is it wasn't just from the younger crowd. Actually had an older lady (60ish) walking out of the bank while I was getting in my car and she said wow, that's a nice looking car!

·
8,921 Posts
I love getting compliments on my car. Makes you feel like the time and money spent on mods is worth it.
It doesn't make me feel like that at all. It's just a solemn reminder that you've dumped a large amount of money into an invest for which you'll never see any returns. But other than that, my car is a blast to drive.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I prefer the smell of tittays and beer.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
It doesn't make me feel like that at all. It's just a solemn reminder that you've dumped a large amount of money into an invest for which you'll never see any returns. But other than that, my car is a blast to drive.
Drewy Debbie Downer.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got that from a guy at mcdonalds once too! Then I saw one in the lot so I figured he owned it. The best is all the middle/highschoolers that drool over it around me. aww yeaa

·
Æternum
20,597 Posts
Nah...just bein real :) I'm filling in for Shawn since he is being more positive as of late.
The Yin and the Yang.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts

·
SPT for the win!
60 Posts
I think the best "look" of all time is that douche bag guy in A Civic with his Gangsta hat on sideways and his one Cool rim with the other three still with hubcaps, primer half a body kit and A fart muffler that sounds like a chainsaw with his girlfriend in the front seat. you pass him with no real effort as he is KILLING his engine to beat you. That look on his face is of such envy and loathing. You then end up stopping at the same gas station a 1/2 hr later and you get to see that same guy get out of his car and you have that 2 second stare down where you smirk and he sends you nothing but hateorade. you pump your gas get in your car and leave just to find this guy is right behind you on your Bumper, so you speed up a little and he is trying to keep pace......:rotfl: so you hit him with a break boost and next thing you know his headlights look like fireflies. so you slow back down and drive normal. little do you know he is still trying to catch up to you and next thing you know you hit a red light down the road a ways and there he is beside you! fire in his eyes and his girlfriend looks half pissed and half pitty for this guy. he is looking over at you so you put the window down he starts with "you car is pretty fast yo"
your just like "yea..." then he is all "but it aint no V-tec dawg". So you say "yea exactly" light turns green and you never see him again....... and yea this just happened to me tonight. that's the best look ever.:soapbox:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I once went to an incubus concert with this girl I was seeing only a few weeks after getting my wrx (my first car that was stick).
Rumbling through a crowded parking lot with the fog lights on and a girl in the passenger seat. I had to stop to let someone else go ahead of me. Some guy in his early 20s came up to my car and said
"sick car bro"
"ha, thanks" -- stall.
The most embarrassing moment of my life. Less than 3 seconds after getting my first random compliment on my new car, I stall it out in front of tons of people including the girl I was seeing.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts