Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$50 is on my mind. Night and day. Just $50 for a MBC. I'm saving for the EBC(Blitz SBC-ID) but I won't get it for a while because it's way more money.

Does intalling a MBC involve cutting or modifications that will prevent me from removing and installing a EBC later on? Or having me buying more parts to start from scratch? Thank you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I set up a PayPal account and I'm having difficulties. It keeps asking me for a confirmed address. Damn, I hate those stupid services full of glitches. Me and luck, again. I'll give them a call then.
They don't have credit card billing online for that Joe MBC?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on its way

Platinum, anything you have in mind that I should do or not do or any tips are welcome. DOn't worry, I've been searching and reading the posts on that forum as well. Can't wait!!!!

My Dual Turbo Timer should be in tomorrow or on Wednesday so I can monitor what I'm doing with electronic gauge. By the way, that boost gauge on the TT should be enough, right? I don't need another boost gauge? Thanks.

Ticrab

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
ticrab,

Best advice that I can offer would be to install your boost gauge (TT in your case) and monitor the boost in all of the gears to determine where your old peak and sustainable boost was in each gear. This will help you tune your MBC. Take your time with this. Hitting 19 psi for more that two seconds will trigger the CEL and fuel cut, so you can't do too much damage. Set it to 14 psi in third at full throttle and test it in all the gears. Raise is half a pound at a time until you reach the desired boost. Don't let it hold more than 17 psi in 4th and 5th. Also, once I nailed down my boost setting I put a little locktite on the set screw to keep it that way.

Happy boosting, it's like driving the WRX for the first time all over again!

-Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi PlatinumWRX,

Have you experience the so call part throttle full boost problem I read in some posts. If so how did you managed to redue or eliminate it.

Also do a EBC like the profec B or EVC-EZ correctly handle the part throttle/full boost conditional.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.