ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I grew up in Alabama, lived in Mississippi and Georgia for a little while, oh and Texas too. So I've become accustomed to waving to people, say another WRX driver/owner, and have them wave back. The 3-4 WRXs I've waved too didn't pay any attention to me. It could be there are too many WRXs around to feel like a group. Not so many WRXs in Alabama or Georgia -or Subarus for that matter.

So should I just stop making myself look like a dork or were the other WRX drivers just busy with something else?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Dont stop man, for some reason the new breed of subaru owners seem to have sticks up there rears but the love for a subaru should always be shown.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
Nobody waves anymore down here either. Everyone did in 2001.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I always wave when I can. Sometimes taking a hand off the steering wheel isn't feasible though. It'll happen.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Yeah i wave to lots of drivers but especially wrx owners, when im in my car

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I always wave to other drivers. Don't give up on the wave my friend!

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Some traditions need to stand. Don't let the non-wavers deter you. Wave on, man, wave on!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the dude abides... this fool won't stop waving.

I'm military and we have access to a DIY garage on most posts/bases/forts. I went there last night and saw a dude with a 2010 WRX hatch flavor. Dude was real cool. Even said my bugeye looked nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
what base are you at, im here on andrews with a 2011 wrx hatch, I wave at everyone, i get more on base than off though tbh

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm at Fort Meade.

O.T. I went to Wilkin's Subaru in Glen Burnie earlier today to get my WRX checked out for a recall that came out. Robin, the lady behind the counter, was awesome there. Very military friendly I'd say. Discount and other nice-ities offered for the after the part comes in recall/bulletin fix.

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
:wave:

(I wave)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
There's no such thing as "too country" :throws in a lipper:

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Champ_WRX_77 said:
I'm a skoal mint man myself... always got a spitter in the car... only thing that is close to "food" that's allowed n my car
Same.

I prefer pouches; less mess...

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Champ_WRX_77 said:
When I'm driving long cut, when at work pouches.... easier to hide... but yes lately I have actually been more of a pouch man
I spilled too many tins trying to throw a lipper in while driving; I bought pouches (no long cut) one time, and never looked back.

I don't dip at work. I'm down to only my office job (IT), and a spitter wouldn't go over well. When I worked at the golf course, a lot of us dipped, so it wasn't a big deal.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts