Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my oil about 3 weeks ago, and it was a little low, I thought it was normal cause I had just bought the car (04 WRX). I checked the oil a couple days ago and there was barely any. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
55 Posts
How many miles does the car have? Mine is an 05 with 127k miles on it. Shortly after I bought it the same thing happened to me. I added oil and now I have a blown head gasket. I don’t know if the oil being low had anything to do with it though.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,582 Posts
Check the oil when the engine is stone cold in the morning. Then check again at the same time same conditions next day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hard to tell from what you say. Simply put, “Oil could be running down the valve guides or leaking past the shaft on the turbo charger.” Decently easy to get the to turbo on this car so you should give it a look and let us know!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would suggest you get the oil changed. If it's not reading right it might be the wrong oil 5w30 mobile 1 is what I switched too and it's reading each time I pull out my dipstick... If you're not getting correct reads on your oil make sure you're putting in the dipstick straight to get an accurate reading

1 - 8 of 8 Posts