Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, Let me say that I have never owned a perforamce car, and the Subaru WRX will be my first... Thisi s going to be a huge step for me (first car I buy with own money etc etc) My previous vehicles were a 85 Toyota Pickup Truck and a 2000 S-10 v6.. So this should be a huge step-up (I hate trucks but under circumstances I was forced to drive one)

Mainly, how hard will it be too learn to drive smoothly in corners etc (Any fool can take it fast stock in a straight line).

Third, how long does the WRX last, I wil need a car that will last 6-7 years, I will plan on modding sometime near the end to keep as a car to drive later on.

My main questions are those above, but besides that how fun is it to drive, how does it sound, and any videos of where I can see it in action.

Another question I hear you need to keep the WRX under 5k rpm for 1k miles? That will kill me :mad:

Also, I know nothing about Turbo, or modding cars in genreal but I plan to leanr, so any tips pointers? (I saw a post with a boost mointor or a way to keep the boost at a certain level, what exactly is that)

Take me under your wing :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will say a few things.

Well def4106, I don’t have a WRX yet ( I have one on order), but I have been reading up on the rex for about a year. This will be my first performance car to (I am driving a Outback right now).

I can talk about a few of your questions. First it will not be hard to drive smoothly in corners, as long as you are not overconfident, take a test drive you will understand. I used to drive a Jeep and a van, going around a corner in a WRX is a joy compared to that.

Reliability of Subaru’s is very good just look at Consumer Reports. Reliability after mods depends more on you, if you do things right, no problems. You need to keep your WRX below 4k rpm’s for the first 1k miles if you care about long term reliability.

Also I will say to take a test drive and keep reading on the different sites out there, ClubWRX, I-club and the one I am on ClubSTI.

I will let someone else talk about the rest.:)

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Go for a test drive to see if you like the car... So far i havne't heard any serious complaint about the car. As for learning how to drive, it can take you a good 10-20 years before becomming a really great driver on the track. On the street you just have to know how to go, stop, turn, read the signals, and park :) It will be just like driving your trucks but much more fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts