Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep they finally released the GDA header. It is 4-1 design and from what I hear a work of art. It will decrease spool up time and increase power across the board. Obviously, this header is designed for large turbochargers but from what I hear it works amazingly well. It is the only TRUE equal length header available and from what I hear makes the HKS and Cusco ones look cheap. If yo have not heard of Maxim Works you'll find theur exhaust manifolds on all the WRC and Prodrive cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yoshio from Japanese Automotive has one and he brought it to the local scoob meet. The header is a true piece if art. The welds and construction of the piece is utterly amazing. He said it will be going for approx $2500. C.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi God, are you going to carry this header. If you are do you know how much and if you arn't do you know where I can get it? TIA

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now have released the header for public purchase and am ordering one in soon for a customer. It is THE best header for the WRX bar none. It is what I'll be using personally. As for pricing please e-mail me personally.

·
Registered
151 Posts
rex555 said:
Forgot to mention that the headers come with an integral catless uppipe. Not a bolt on like others out there!
This is bad news for those of us going to a garrett turbo setup. It's a shame, because i had considered this header...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Skunk2 also has a header coming out. It is being tested right on a car (most likely Import Racer as this car has a big Skunk2 banner on it). They claim 15-25 hp gain(ubconfirmed). They said release date in the next two months. No pricing as yet.

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nmyeti said:

This is bad news for those of us going to a garrett turbo setup. It's a shame, because i had considered this header...
Actually with the bigger Garretts you'll need to elevate the turbo a bit and turn it to get the inlet pipe around the intake manifold rather than underneath so I doubt this makes much difference if you have the proper manufacturing facilities. I'll be using the Maxim Works header with an adaptor pipe and Garrett/HKS GT3240 or something similar on my upcoming STi.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sorry, i think you misunderstood me... i'd rather have the hks style that lets me fab the up-pipe to do exactly what your talking about than the works header that will make me run a serious bend at the last minute to move the turbo and tilt it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
God said:
I think you can fab it without having a dramatic bend in it. Remember you're twisting the flange and raising, not tilting or moving it much off axis. Betcha I can do it.
The problem is not just the twisting and such, but the up-pipe makes a great place to mount the external wastegate, with the maxim works setup, thats going to be very hard to do without cutting into the 2500 header. Even that won't really work well since its a 4-1 setup and you'd really only be getting exhaust off one runner. The HKS setup lets me play with all of those things without major bends. Its not just s twist that i have in mind i want the whole turbo moved.

-Nathan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts