Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i want to up the boost pressure for my 2003 wrx and i wanted to know what is the max boost pressure safe for my wrx for everyday driving?? I dont want to blow my engine or sumthin...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It depends on your turbo more than the block itself (ej20). If you've got the stock turbo, you should not let it peak above 17 PSI. The normal peak if you want to turn up the boost is about 15.5 or 16 PSI. If you upgrade your turbocharger and add the necessary supporting mods, you could potentially boost 25 PSI or higher.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for the info but can u tell me what kind of mods are required to push up to 25 psi??

·
Banned
968 Posts
YOLA said:
thanks a lot for the info but can u tell me what kind of mods are required to push up to 25 psi??
Thicker sleeves, forged pistons, and forged rods. 650cc injectors or higher. 255 LPH fuel pump. Engine management. A non IHI turbo.

·
1,911 Posts
BIG turbo, no cats, big injectors/fuel; pump, lot's and LOT'S of tuning. Even with GT30R I could not get more than 22 PSI out of it on 93 octane. On race fuel 28-30 PSI was no problem. Then again PSI makes no difference. I assume you want power and not just PSI. That's a whole different question. I think you probably have a LOT to learn about turbo cars.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
God said:
I think you probably have a LOT to learn about turbo cars.
True dat. Check out the stuck threads in this forum (Engine Performance). They're pretty informative.

Dan...you too. 22 PSI out of a GT30 - :rolleyes:

;) :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts