ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
i am curious too:

SC, watercooled, header, midpipe(?), unichip?

maybe 200 hp?

someone request some dyno sheets from these guys!

haha why is everyone so caught up in this!

its like picking on retarded kids! ;)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
it sounds like he doesnt know what he has...or how to read his charts

but thats damn impressive if it is and i give him that.

no wonder he could smoke a stocker rex...if its true. ;)

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TRD 1.8L Supercharger is now approved for installation on all MY 04 1ZZ-powered Matrix and Corolla (except 4WD Matrix).

The 1.8L Supercharger offers a significant increase in power and torque and an additional 7.5 lbs of boost. The bolt-on unit is integrally cast and is equipped with new efficiency and performance enhancing features, such as a race-inspired supplemental injector for enhanced full throttle performance and an internal bypass circuit for fuel efficiency and smoother operation at low speeds.

Peak torque is 145 lb.-ft. supercharged @ 4000 RPM vs. 125 lb.-ft. stock at 4200 RPM. Peak horsepower is 166 HP supercharged @ 6800 RPM vs. 130 HP @ 6000 RPM. Approved for installation on both automatic and manual models, the Supercharger is fully warranted by TRD when installed by a Toyota dealer.

TRD has implemented a new part number change for all 2003-2004 1.8L Superchargers effective immediately. There is now one main supercharger assembly part number and a set of unique Vehicle Installation Kit part numbers that represent each individual 2003 and 2004 application as detailed in the chart below. Each Vehicle Installation Kit includes application-specific TRD supplemental ECU and hardware.

The Main Supercharger Assembly and a Vehicle Installation Kit are required for a complete installation.

That is off the Toyota TRD website. Even with some serious custom tuning, I don't think he would be hitting those fairy-tale numbers.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
sounds like a little TOO much of a stomping.

$100 says the rex wasn't racing. seems like coincidence he "turned off real fast" :rolleyes:

127ftlbs of torque CRANK. what's that, about 100 at the wheels?

come on, some cars are just not worth modding.

·
Registered
641 Posts
His stats:

Total posts: 285
[0.09% of total / 1.09 posts per day]
Find all posts by Blk03Rolla
Interests: Cars, sports, girls, money

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
headers and exhaust, plus a good tune wouldnt add 100+ more HP and the wheels....

thanks for posting that.

as long as he enjoys teh car though. more power too him. :eek3:

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
gusto said:
headers and exhaust, plus a good tune wouldnt add 100+ more HP and the wheels....

more like 135 whp 280- (170 - 15%)

it's like the black hole of torque. 170 hp, 130 tq. lol where did it all go? must be like driving a bicycle when stock.

my old 5 speed corolla was a MONSTER. lol it had 9,000 fwhp and 80 wtq.

i'll post up the dyno chart later.

·
Registered
498 Posts
the corolla has a puffer on it.

while that gives good power

who in their right mind would get a puffer for such a small engine. It probably drains a good 30 hp spinning the puffer in the first place.

thats why everyone that gets a jrsc on a honda gets severely dumped on in their own respective forums

1 - 20 of 59 Posts