ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I was driving at night down 495 (beltway) in DC and on an exit I hit some type of massive pothole or bump. I was going like 55 and it made the loudest noise but it dosent look like one of my tires popped. I felt a bump-bump-bump thru the wheel down the road after the pothole thing.

That might just be me overanlyzing but idk. What should I look for in the shocks or other parts? Cracks? It scared the **** out of me cuz im only sixteen. The weird thing is that I didnt see a pothole but again idk. BTW my car is a 2009 Impreza WRX with stock shocks and everything.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Sounds as tho you either bent a wheel or lost some wheel weights.. Take it in for an alignment and a tire rotate/balance.. If the wheels balance fine then your alright.

·
Registered
283 Posts
if it vibrates all the time bent wheel. If it does it above 50mph and get worse the faster you go. The wheel weights fell off. It happens to all of us. Good thing you took the hit and didnt try to shoot around it and crash. So ^5 on that one.

Look to see if there is a state reporting site on the internet for your state, or call the local non emerg hiway patrol and report it. You might also be able to file a repair claim with the state DOT for repairs. You will need the mile marker and other details.

But glad you made it out without panic or a crash.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks turb0, I just sent in a report so that they will hopefully fix it, knowing NoVA they probably wont though haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts