ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing another thread about a possible North Shore (above Boston) WRX meet ( Thread here ) I talked to some of the folks where I recently bought my car- Patrick Subaru in Wilmington.

They are willing to consider hosting something at the dealership sometime, if we give them some sort of plan.

I am new here, and new to WRX ownership so I do not really know just what kind of thing you folks would LIKE to do, but I opened the door, anyway.

I am willing to help put something together IF people are interested.... so far, no response in the other thread, so I thought I would start a new one just for the purpose.

Discussion is needed, therefore.

Anyone interested?

(Note- I am gonna let this ride for a week or two, but after that not going to keep trying. Post up if you think you might be interested.)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to Mike.

He was open to it, but wants me to give him a "plan" before really committing to it.

I said I'd try to put something together and email it to him, but so far...
Well, haven't put a whole lot of effort into it yet.

Not much of a plan will be needed if I am the only one there. :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I would touch base with the NEF4 guys on this forum and work with them to get something going. They're fairly active in the area and I know at least one of them (NewEra09) goes to Patrick North for service regularily per his posts on here and NESIC.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The folks may just all be busy right now- vacations, schools, post-holiday junk...

But one of the NEF4 threads is what got me to start.
Maybe some interest will show, maybe not.

If nobody else does, I'll bump this thread every few days for a little bit so it stays just a bit more visible.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
worst case, this time of year kinda sucks or is slow for meets. springtime is usually when the outdoors kick back into full gear.

either way that gives you some time to get things organized!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup.

And I am not saying that if nobody posts I will take my toys and go home, either...

Just that I don't see the point of trying to set something up when nobody is likely to show.

It happens when and IF it happens.

Plenty of time...
Hell, I have not yet even begun to beat on my car the least little bit, yet.....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Whats da deal peeps? I am down for talking to Mike next tinme I go up there for a possible gathering. I actually have to stopb by on Thursday I believe for some service and touch base with him on that. Best thing to do if you want to egt the word out is post on NASIOC/IWSTI as well. Orrrr you can come to this thursday's Braintree meet and talk about it there. Its supposed to be a big turnout as they are joining the weekly meet from the south shore and the Wednesday Boston crew. Im predicting 25-30 cars:thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to head out to work right now, but will look for info on the Braintree meet tonight- my work hours are variable though, and can sometimes really screw things up.
But if possible, I'll try to show up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts