ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
She's a big woman. She'll have no problem making someone her biatch..

:eek3:

·
Registered
642 Posts
if she got 5 months for lying ... they better give kenny boy life! :mad:

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
You guys are all seriously that vehemently against Martha?! She made all of 40K off of her "insider trading!" Yeah, what she did is wrong, but it's NOT NEARLY as bad as what Ken Lay did. Yet, it seems that everyone is more joyous over Martha's fall than any of the other crooked CEOs...why is that?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
WRXin' said:
You guys are all seriously that vehemently against Martha?! She made all of 40K off of her "insider trading!" Yeah, what she did is wrong, but it's NOT NEARLY as bad as what Ken Lay did. Yet, it seems that everyone is more joyous over Martha's fall than any of the other crooked CEOs...why is that?
Yeah I don't get it either. At least she didn't ruin people's lives! I still think her broker told her to sell the shares and she did, without realizing that he had insider info. Besides hurting her ego and reputation, I think Martha will bounce back from this.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Th3Franz said:
Yeah I don't get it either. At least she didn't ruin people's lives! I still think her broker told her to sell the shares and she did, without realizing that he had insider info. Besides hurting her ego and reputation, I think Martha will bounce back from this.
I hope so...I think people's hatred towards Martha is instigated by jealousy in the same way that many "hate" Bill Gates. They've both built an empire for themselves and people want the same (I presume), which leads to the nasty comments.

As a disclaimer, when I say people I mean the population in general...not just members of the forum.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
WRXin' said:

Well i think the fact that martha potentially ( dont know enough about the case) cost other people money, that dont have anything near what she has. I think its just disgusting a multi millionare like her would screw other people to make what amounts to pocket change to her.

·
Registered
142 Posts
She should go to jail and yes she did cause problems in the market and made people lose alot of money mostly people who invest in her company thinking she will have good practices and act responsibly and to make 40k when she has millions shes a dumb biatch and shes a nasty human being in real life too, I think sending her to jail sets a good example to the greedy ceo's, imo i think all of those scumbags should have to go to jail, insider trading is against the law and she was prosecuted fairly under the law she gets what she deserves. MY $.02

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
This was a deal that Martha knew about.

With the Ken Leah (sp?) thing, who knows if he knew anything? The job of a CEO in most instances is to smooze; they higher up you get, the less actual work you do. That's why CEO's move around so much... I think that people expect that Martha knew about what was going on, whereas Kenneth Leah might not have had a clue...

-snowcat

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
snowcat said:
With the Ken Leah (sp?) thing, who knows if he knew anything? The job of a CEO in most instances is to smooze; they higher up you get, the less actual work you do. That's why CEO's move around so much... I think that people expect that Martha knew about what was going on, whereas Kenneth Leah might not have had a clue...
That's just it though...CEOs need to know everything (ideally) that goes on through the company...especially such huge discrepancies and oversites that Enron had on its books. To say that Ken Lay did not know about it suggests that he must be some sort of moron that does nothing in the company. That's the whole point of Sarbanes-Oxley...this bill aims towards better book keeping, true representation of CEOs faith in what he signs (which is just about anything that goes on in a company), and more stringent punishments for those who break the law. I have a feeling that we will see far less white collar crimes in lieu of this new bill.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I just like seeing people crack under pressure, and see people that are national icons f*ck up big time and pay the price.

When it comes down to it, its just entertainment.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think people are being rediculous about this whole thing. First of all martha was not convicted of insider trading, she was convicted of lying and misleading the government i believe. for all of you that thing if this was me i would have gotten the book thrown at me you are simply being rediculous, martha is in trouble because she is martha! The reason she is going to jail is because she is a famous woman. Bill clinton did not go to jail and he lied just as much as she did. What are we to say about examples in this country if we are letting the most powerfull individual get away with it. I reall don't think a person shoould go to jail for lying in this manner.
Martha and the whole emclone (sp?) group cost no one money onm the long run, the dru that was not going to be aproved was aproved, the company is verry successfull, should the corporate people who did insider trading go to jail for a verry long time, YES.
I don't think that martha was trully being gready, i think that no matter how wealthy you are a good bussiness person bhas to make smart decisions and pay attention to all of there assets no matter how large or how small.
:wiggles:

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,076 Posts
Trailboss said:
I just like seeing people crack under pressure, and see people that are national icons f*ck up big time and pay the price.

When it comes down to it, its just entertainment.
I think you nailed it. :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts