Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to talk to Ian next week also, BUT. Are you guys turning all traction control off when launching for a 0-60 or 1/4 mile run? I was getting a weird stall when shifting from 1st to 2nd today.
of course it's cold here in Minnesota, so there is no wheel grip. I just needed to see what my $80 got me from MAP vs the Cobb stage 1.

thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The MA Performance Stage 1 Map seems to have more pep than the COBB stage 1. I went with the 93 octane since there are a few stations near me that carry 93 year round.
I didn't run the COBB stage 1 very long, but only because i watched 100 videos of MAP stage 1 vs COBB stage 1 and just went for it after a week or so.
Let's put it this way, i'm not missing the $80. The AP was spendy, but the $80 was well worth it since i already bit the bullet on the AP. very happy.

Specifically, 2nd and 3rd gear pull like crazy compared to stock tune or cobb tune. Both Cobb tune and MAP even out the goofy herky jerky we all know. In fact the MAP stage 1 is so linear that i stalled it the first time out because i didn't give it enough right foot to move the car. Both run the car upto redline smoothly compared to that pause around 4500rpm with stock.

It's not going to beat a mustang or BMW 335i from a roll, but it's a great first mod to gain some HP or perceived HP. Ian claims his dyno put the MAP stage 1 tune at +34 HP over stock. It feels that way to me, but i'm not going to spend the money on a dyno to find out until there a bunch of bolt on parts on the car.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The MA Performance Stage 1 Map seems to have more pep than the COBB stage 1. I went with the 93 octane since there are a few stations near me that carry 93 year round.
I didn't run the COBB stage 1 very long, but only because i watched 100 videos of MAP stage 1 vs COBB stage 1 and just went for it after a week or so.
Let's put it this way, i'm not missing the $80. The AP was spendy, but the $80 was well worth it since i already bit the bullet on the AP. very happy.

Specifically, 2nd and 3rd gear pull like crazy compared to stock tune or cobb tune. Both Cobb tune and MAP even out the goofy herky jerky we all know. In fact the MAP stage 1 is so linear that i stalled it the first time out because i didn't give it enough right foot to move the car. Both run the car upto redline smoothly compared to that pause around 4500rpm with stock.

It's not going to beat a mustang or BMW 335i from a roll, but it's a great first mod to gain some HP or perceived HP. Ian claims his dyno put the MAP stage 1 tune at +34 HP over stock. It feels that way to me, but i'm not going to spend the money on a dyno to find out until there a bunch of bolt on parts on the car.

Agree 100% with this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts