ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a 2015 Limited 6M, and I installed a Boomba STS & plate. (It's awesome, BTW - sooooooo much better than stock & Subaru's so-called short-throw option!)

The side-to-side movement of the shifter is completely gone, like not even a millimeter. However, front-to-rear slop is a little wiggly, maybe about 1/2 an inch. I see all sorts of shift stopper products, but the descriptions (and even reviews) all talk about how the product reduces/stops side-to-side slop.

Is there anything out there for the front-to-back? All my searches have come back nil. Am I not using the right key words? Any ideas, please? TIA

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pretty disappointing that out of over 60 views, no one has an opinion or comment. There's gotta be some tranny experts on this board, no?

Anyway, I spent $20 on this Boomba shifter bushing hoping it would remove the slop. It did not. Overall I'm fairly disappointed with Boomba, as they included no directions, pictures, or even a small vial of grease like competitors do with there aftermarket bushings.

Still looking for advice... what's causing my front-to-back shifter slop/movement?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did while I was underneath, and I couldn't see or feel anything that indicated stretch. If it were stretch, what's the solution? Replace the linkage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts