ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
Do yo need a manual boost controller in order to have a boost gauge??
No, the two items are unrelated. You don't need a boost gauge on a stock car. You can fit one if you like. You don't need a manual boost controller on a stock car, and usually you don't need one on a correctly modified car until you reach some point that is beyond the "if you have to ask" stage.

Although the answer in any case is "no" is there something you were thinking about that would lead to this question?

There is a link in my signature courtesy of a respected member that leads to a number of info and FAQ threads that I think you will enjoy. Or, ask here too.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The MBC replaces your OE solenoid on the passenger strut tower. A boost gauge gets tapped into the vacuum line off the OE bypass valve.

As Spiros alluded to, they are unrelated. While a boost gauge isn't necessary on your car, I find it a useful gauge to have, and it would be worth your purchase.

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you were putting in a manual boost controller, it would prob be a good idea to get a boost gauge, if you dont already have one. that way you could see what your boost is doing. but other than that, you can put a boost gauge in without a mbc. i did on my car. much easier to read psi than the stock gauge which reads in Mpa.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What year/model are you looking at putting the MBC on?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The MBC replaces your OE solenoid on the passenger strut tower. A boost gauge gets tapped into the vacuum line off the OE bypass valve.

As Spiros alluded to, they are unrelated. While a boost gauge isn't necessary on your car, I find it a useful gauge to have, and it would be worth your purchase.
+1 if I would have had a boost gauge when I moved to Florida two years ago I would have realized I was running about 22 psi at sea level instead of 15psi when I was in Colorado it took exactly one day in Florida for my turbo to go boom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts