Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 WRX and it’s Cobb tuned with 22 psi. I also have an aftermarket takeda air intake. If i want my car to go faster what would my next steps be? I know I’ll need an accessport but any maintenance I should take care of first or what should my first mod be??

·
Æternum
15,861 Posts
How is your car tuned for that intake without an AccessPort?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m guessing the dude tuned it and had an accessport before he gave it back to the dealership and probably just kept his accessport

·
Æternum
15,861 Posts
I'd question all of that.

Your first step is to figure out if you can flash the stock map back to the car and remove the intake and replace with an OEM piece.

·
Æternum
15,861 Posts
Currently you are driving a car that has been questionably modified and are unsure if it's been tuned. Yes, you should seek stock parts for now if only to save your motor from an early death.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I know that I am a broken record (doesn't that date me) but, it is usually better to buy a faster car to start with than it is to try to make a slower car faster. The Cobb Access Port is an acceptable risk, once you set the car back to totally stock. You can then use the Access Port to help address the throttle hang and a few of the more annoying driving idiosyncrasies of the 2015 WRX. However, this is just using the OTS tunes with the access port on the stock vehicle. There is little horsepower gained, but the driving experience can be improved with small risk.

Spending $,$$$.$$ on trying to make a car faster is likely going to end up costing you $$,$$$.$$ in the long run and you will have less time in the car and more time with the car in the shop.

·
Registered
370 Posts
but you have to remember Camaromjr some people need the AWD in places they live. so for the money to speed to winter performance ratio, the Wrx is the most obvious choice. I'm with others in saying you need to revert it back to stock so you can modify it in the way you want and not damage it further. Protect your investment.

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
but you have to remember Camaromjr some people need the AWD in places they live. so for the money to speed to winter performance ratio, the Wrx is the most obvious choice. I'm with others in saying you need to revert it back to stock so you can modify it in the way you want and not damage it further. Protect your investment.
Holy crap it's that guy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
monkaW. i've been lurking and working. i still drop in every once in awhile.

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
Glad to see you still stop in. Only a couple of us left.

·
Registered
441 Posts
First, good to see you post. I get the WRX as a foul weather vehicle. It is fun, has a dose of practical and can be tired up to work in snow (what ever that is??). I also understand that some modifications can be made with minimal risk. However, for the cost of a WRX and serious dollars modding, you can get into other cars with similar features and a warranty (KIA Stinger comes to mind).

Just FYI - We have 3 AWD vehicles. The truck and The Bus were both purchased because we have / had family that lived in mountains and snow country. In the case of a must get there or the Oh S#!T, I'm here and it is snowing, these would serve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts