ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
im going up thurs

There are others going up friday. Ill be staying at teh madison. I cant wait, should be a great time. This is my first rally to see in person.

chris

·
539 Posts
Re: im going up thurs

silver_rex_4eat said:
There are others going up friday. Ill be staying at teh madison. I cant wait, should be a great time. This is my first rally to see in person.

chris
Cool. :) I wish I could go. Have fun guys! One of these years I'll be able to get up there...

--kC

·
Registered
278 Posts
Make sure you get up there by Friday morning. The Park Expose' is the best part of the rally. You get to check out all the rally cars up close and talk to the drivers.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Lt. Boom Stick said:
I'm so pissed off that I scheduled my vacation back home during that weekend...purely by accident of course, but I AM TEH SUCK :(
I did the same thing scheduling a weekend at the shore with my gf. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want to go to this. It will be my first rally as well. What time is the restart on Saturday because I will be driving up Saturday morning.

Anyone that has gone before, where are some good places to take pics? I'm a freelance photographer and would love to get some shots of the action!

All those going up, where will you be during the event? I'd like to meet some of you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
me, gusto, and another person will be heading up sat as well, let me know where your coming from so i can arrange for you to join the caravan

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm headed up from Wolfeboro, NH but I wont be leaving untill 9ish probably (Friends have to work in the AM) so I will be getting there later in the day. The site said the race ends close to 4pm and starts at 9am so I'm sure we will still catch some of the races.

If you know of any good places to watch it from could you give me a call? i"ll pm you my cell phone number.

Best,

~ Eric

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here's a time table (midway down this page) http://www.maineforestrally.com/mfr04-flyer.html
1.For spectating the show begins at 1pm FRIDAY, The Park Expose, downtown (do a MapQuest for Rumford, ME).
2.The first spectator stage is shortly after at the Mexico Rec Park(5min drive from Park Expose). Then again later in the afternoon down the road.

3.Racing starts early Saturday in Oquossoc. If you are coming up Saturday, do a MapQuest for Oquossoc,ME so you can judge your travel time accordingly. It takes a long time to get to the action, but worth it.

Be careful heading into the Rangeley area, Moose walk into the roads to escape the bugs. Moose cause car damage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Correct. Well, actually some stages are well away from Oquossoc, 10+ miles further towards Canada north and west, but the hub of activity is around there. If you look at a map, find Oquossoc, then follow Rt16 back and forth and around Cutsuptic Lake and thats where alot of stages end or begin.

Once you are up there you can ask teams/fellow spectators/stuards where the next spectator spot is or follow the group of Subarus enthusiasts to the official spots. Park the car, walk into the woods a short ways, and enjoy sports cars screaming thru the woods...sports cars screaming thru the woods...what a concept:tongue:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another safety note. In past years there hasn't been much in the form of Law enforcement up there. We could haul ass from stage to stage without seeing any cops the whole weekend. Though I have heard of the local sherriff busting rally cars for speeding on transit stages. Last year a spectator WRX flipped and burned while farting around on the back logging roads resulting in delaying the race. So from what I've heard the state police will be around this weekend. So keep it under warpspeed. And let the rally cars around you, they've got to get somewhere:D

Park Expose Friday 1pm is in Rumford near the bridge and Rite-Aid. Be there to get pics, freebies, t-shirts, ect.

Spectators spots Friday- F1 and F2 http://www.maineforestrally.com/mfr04-spec1.html

Saturday spots S1 and S2
http://www.maineforestrally.com/mfr04-spec2.html

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
inski21 said:
Last year a spectator WRX flipped and burned while farting around on the back logging roads resulting in delaying the race.
Spectators spots Friday- F1 and F2 http://www.maineforestrally.com/mfr04-spec1.html

Saturday spots S1 and S2
http://www.maineforestrally.com/mfr04-spec2.html
I was there when that idiot flipped their car. There are pics on NASIOC somewhere.

Note the spectator maps. They are usually pretty strict about this.

Also note the maps to the spectator areas. In some cases you are on 10 miles of back dirt roads to get there. Just try and control yourself (read: idot who flipped and burned their WRX and everyone was pissed because they had to cancel the stage.) :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts