ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be all about this game from about 6th grade until 10th grade.

Anyone else play this stuff? Man...thats where my money used to go...on those Magic cards....I had so many good ones.
Anyone else collect them?
What cards did you have?

I remember there was a time I bought a bunch of counterfeit Mox cards, so I was able to get my filthy paws on some goodies, as well as spending all my money on them...

from Beta/Unlimited

Ancestral Recall
Timewalk
Timetwister
Mox Emerald
Mox Sapphire
Mox Ruby
Mox Jet
Word of Command
Chaos Orb
Time Vault

then a bunch of other expansion goodies
Mana Drain
Guardian Beast
Ali from Cairo

thats about it....what cards did you guys have?

When I was playing in tournaments, I had a filthy black/blue permission deck. went something like this:
4 mana drains
4 counterspells
4 dual lands (underground sea)
timewalk
ancestral recall
timetwister
4 sengir vampires
4 dark rituals
guardian beast
moxes
word of command
4 sinkholes

it was great

Also...side note...anywhere to play online? It would be fun to tool around with this stuff again w/o spending $$$ on it..

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I played it a little back in highschool. back before there was a type 1 and type 2 tournament, etc.

had 2 main decks: (I forget some of the card names after all this time)

1 was a land destruction deck, green/red/black. all the land destruction mines, ice storm, etc. direct damage and such.

2 was a deck I called balance. it was a sick little setup when it worked, black/white/red. all the dual lands for the colors, brass temple (any color mana for 1 dmg, might be wrong on the name), 4 willow-wisp's, 4 balance (was unrestricted in type 1), red direct dmg, 4 armageddon, 4, 4 icy manipulators, etc.

both decks had a black lotus and a set of moxes, of course.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
i used to play.. i still got a buch of decks. i used to be green and black. i went to a tournament of it once lol with my friends dad i was like ok im done. and havnt played eversince.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
a BMX'r that plays magic!!!

are you sure youre not one of those chub butts that rides his bike around the park in circles, never staying in one place too long, while everyone else rides the ramps and stuff ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
i play it in surges, in high school for a couple years, then again last couple yrs.

im just gonna keep my cards forever, haha

i got this one deck with elvish pipers(allow you to bring any creature from ur hand into play), then i have like 12/12 creatures and i just run all over ppl after i get some out, I use Rhox alot too, 4 turns with him out and ur dead for sure.

i have like 4/5 other decks. goblin,zombie,knights
i have this one blue deck i made when i was messin around and it is really good
i have tons of counterspell type cards and creatures/spell that make u return stuff to their hand. the best my glacier wall, thats right...these walls save my ass all the time

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gusto said:

are you sure youre not one of those chub butts that rides his bike around the park in circles, never staying in one place too long, while everyone else rides the ramps and stuff ;)
Check out the BMX DVD that my friends and I released if you think all I do is ride around the park in circles:tongue:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WRC_Obsessed said:
I can't tell you how foreign all this is to me. I don't think I have ever seen one of those cards before.
Then go post in your own "sunday afternoon ginerale and yoga book club/discussion" threads :wiggles:

·
Registered
569 Posts
i used to play all the time, but then realized that i didnt have the cash to be spending on booster packs all the time. I always played a graveyard deck, fill it up and play some avatar of woes for 2 mana, or maybe a recurring nightmare a creaature with a nasty coming into play ability. with that deck my cousin got me down to one life then my combos kicked in and i beat him.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Trailboss said:
Then go post in your own "sunday afternoon ginerale and yoga book club/discussion" threads :wiggles:
That wouldn't work because I bet my gf would find out. She would never drop it because she is a yoga freak. :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Used to have tons of old, expensive cards from the alpha/beta period but that was 8 or 9 years ago. Played in some minor tournaments with my "Draw" deck, Underworld Dreams/Braingeyser/Teferi's Puzzlebox combo. Man was i dork back then:eek:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Trailboss said:
Check out the BMX DVD that my friends and I released if you think all I do is ride around the park in circles:tongue:
Where is it? I tried the link in your profile but it says not found, PM me or something.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
i **** you guys not, i was in posession of *drumroll* a Black Lotus.
that was a loong time ago, before Magic got all crazy and diversified. anyways, that was THE card to have. i've since sold it for quite the sum though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i never liked the black lotus, way too much hype. but if i had one it would have been sold straight away.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts