ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the problem is that I fitted samco hoses to my car and ever since then when u plug in the maf the engine cuts out completely. I ve tryed a maf that is workin to check I didn't need a new maf and it still done it. Any one got any ideas what it could be?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
Since you don't mention a car I'll answer based on mine. If you don't own a 2002 WRX, get one and then make sure the MAF harness is facing forward. Other than that, suspect a truly massive leak downstream of the MAF.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Does the engine somehow run without the MAF?

I think ya botched up a hose or two. Or the MAF is backwards as stated above.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SD_GR said:
make sure the MAF harness is facing forward. Other than that, suspect a truly massive leak downstream of the MAF.
Backwards MAF is the most likely cause. When facing the engine bay in front of the passenger headlight, the MAF wire should be between the MAF and said headlight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the engine somehow run without the MAF?

I think ya botched up a hose or two. Or the MAF is backwards as stated above.
Yeh the engine runs without out the maf plugged in but as soon as I plug it in the engine totally dies. Nah the maf is on the right way. Someone's mentions maybe a loose earth or a fryed wire in the wiring loom cause the maf plug is giving a positive

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeh the engine runs without out the maf plugged in but as soon as I plug it in the engine totally dies. Nah the maf is on the right way. Someone's mentions maybe a loose earth or a fryed wire in the wiring loom cause the maf plug is giving a positive
MAF should read high (5V) when disconnected. That is equivalent to your car thinking it is at max load, and injecting enough fuel to do so. I'd doubt the short.

Consider what you changed. The fault is most likely due to something you did during that change. I doubt a wire short would show up coincidentally due to some samco hoses.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
MAF should read high (5V) when disconnected. That is equivalent to your car thinking it is at max load, and injecting enough fuel to do so. I'd doubt the short.

Consider what you changed. The fault is most likely due to something you did during that change. I doubt a wire short would show up coincidentally due to some samco hoses.
^ this. If it was fine, then you made a change, now it isn't fine, then the change is to blame somehow. Check the hoses, change them back one at a time, etc to pinpoint it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts