ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a spt heatshield and now the MAF plug wolnt reach. has anyone had this problem with there spt intake and heatshield?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
keep messing with it, it does fit.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
If you can;t find another solution, just extend the maf wires.
Its taken him almost a week to get the heat shield in, i don't think rewiring the MAF is a good suggestion in this case.

·
Registered
0 Posts
turn the intake a little

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its taken him almost a week to get the heat shield in, i don't think rewiring the MAF is a good suggestion in this case.
hahahaha sorry i work from 7 am to 7pm. dont feel like doing it at night and i dont have a garage, the days i do have off like today its 11 degrees outside and really windy...

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts

:rotfl::rotfl:

j/k It'll fit. put a coat on, and get busy ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theres no way its gonna fit, i was really tight before the shield was in. now its about 3-4 inches from even touching the intake, im going to drill a hole in the heat shield to feed it threw, thats my only option, im not extending the wires cause ill just mess it up. my air/fuel ratio gauge is spliced into the wires. thats why its not reaching the plug.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
your afr gauge is spliced into the MAF plug???

picture requested of the situation, so we can see whats going on with the heat shield.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theres like 10 feet of eletrical tape rapped around all the wires atm but if i remember ill take some pics when i get a chance. do u think that could be the reason why my air/fuel gauge is flipping out? where should i put the wires for it?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Uhm, yes.. It doesn't belong on the MAF sensor. It belongs connected to an oxygen sensor.. The MAF sensor doesn't read the air/fuel ratio.

I prefer to tag the signal wire @ the ecu, for the rear oxs. The front oxs is a sort of semi-wideband or something, IIRC.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
theres no way its gonna fit, i was really tight before the shield was in. now its about 3-4 inches from even touching the intake, im going to drill a hole in the heat shield to feed it threw, thats my only option, im not extending the wires cause ill just mess it up. my air/fuel ratio gauge is spliced into the wires. thats why its not reaching the plug.theres like 10 feet of eletrical tape rapped around all the wires atm but if i remember ill take some pics when i get a chance. do u think that could be the reason why my air/fuel gauge is flipping out? where should i put the wires for it?
WTF?! I don't even want to see what you've got going on under the hood of your car. Who decided it was a good idea to tap into your MAF? :confused: Judging from all your posts, I would leave your mods from here on in up to the professionals.
Uhm, yes.. It doesn't belong on the MAF sensor. It belongs connected to an oxygen sensor.. The MAF sensor doesn't read the air/fuel ratio.I prefer to tag the signal wire @ the ecu, for the rear oxs.
+1.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i just disconnect the wire in the back of the gauge will that solve all my problems? im not sure if its just one wire or not cause i dont want to have the center gauge in my pod not lighting up it would look dumb, ill check when i get home.

·
2,770 Posts
im not sure if its just one wire or not cause i dont want to have the center gauge in my pod not lighting up it would look dumb
Not any more dumb than hooking it up to your MAF! :rotfl:

I would highly suggest you unravel the "10 feet of eletrical tape rapped around all the wires" & start over. Do it the right way, not the wrong way.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not any more dumb than hooking it up to your MAF! :rotfl:

I would highly suggest you unravel the "10 feet of eletrical tape rapped around all the wires" & start over. Do it the right way, not the wrong way.
i didnt do it, it was on the car when i got it

·
2,770 Posts
i didnt do it, it was on the car when i got it
That sucks. If I were you I would get somebody who's really knowledgeable with Subaru's to look at what you've got going on under there ASAP. (If you were near me, you could come use my garage & I would help you out.) The sooner you get it all taken care of, the sooner you can fully enjoy your car & not worry about what someone else has screwed up on it. Good luck.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That sucks. If I were you I would get somebody who's really knowledgeable with Subaru's to look at what you've got going on under there ASAP. (If you were near me, you could come use my garage & I would help you out.) The sooner you get it all taken care of, the sooner you can fully enjoy your car & not worry about what someone else has screwed up on it. Good luck.
yea wiring isnt my strong point haha

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Uhm, yes.. It doesn't belong on the MAF sensor. It belongs connected to an oxygen sensor.. The MAF sensor doesn't read the air/fuel ratio.

I prefer to tag the signal wire @ the ecu, for the rear oxs. The front oxs is a sort of semi-wideband or something, IIRC.
Wadda-ya mean?Da MAF reads da oxygen before it goes in der engine.It is da main oxygen sensor...:eek: I would just pull that thing out,sell it and put the money towards a real wideband(or some curb feelers and a neon underglow kit)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts