ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a 2002 Impreza wrx and was changing the spark plugs (Had the battery disconnected) the car was running perfectly fine before but i had to remove the Injen cold air intake to get to the spark plugs. After i had everything back together the car wouldn't start i assumed it was my spark plugs so continued to diagnose the problem through them then i figured out that it was the MAF. The car only runs in limp mode while the MAF is disconnected and doesnt start when connected. how do i fix the problem? I cleaned the old MAF that didn't work so i got a new one. The car also has a air flow converter Im not sure if that has anything to do with this but i thought i'd also put this out there.

·
Æternum
19,986 Posts
Sorry meant Super airflow converter. And tbh I have no clue what it does...
Well I'd definitely remove it, as well as that intake. That's a very stupid mod on a vehicle with a reflashable ECU.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,679 Posts
If your car runs OK with the MAF disconnected but not when the MAF is connected then whenever you're getting actual data in open loop it doesn't meet parms -- closed loop seems to work then all hell breaks loose.

Is the MAF harness facing toward the nose of the car like it should?

Do the two MAF sensors you have now, the old one and the new one, differ electrically in any way when you test them with a multimeter (my guess would be no)?

You don't have to throw away the imitation parts. That intake tube can be used as a tasteful flower holder in the garden, or you can make it into a bird feeder by bending the end and making a little "ledge" and hanging it from a tree.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your car runs OK with the MAF disconnected but not when the MAF is connected then whenever you're getting actual data in open loop it doesn't meet parms -- closed loop seems to work then all hell breaks loose.

Is the MAF harness facing toward the nose of the car like it should?

Do the two MAF sensors you have now, the old one and the new one, differ electrically in any way when you test them with a multimeter (my guess would be no)?

You don't have to throw away the imitation parts. That intake tube can be used as a tasteful flower holder in the garden, or you can make it into a bird feeder by bending the end and making a little "ledge" and hanging it from a tree.
hahaha yeah only one way the sensor will fit in. i've been trying various troubleshoots next ones going to be removing that airflow converter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts