ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whisper exhaust was on my porch when I got home. Proceeded to take off my axle back Turbo XS muffler and install. Whole thing took about 30 minutes. Exhaust is a nice piece with a nice single tip chrome outlet. Only thing I was a little concerned about was the flange seemed to be rotated about 20 degrees more than the Turbo XS. Just had to bolt it on before attaching it to the hangers. Fit nicely on the existing hangers. At idle it was way quieter than the Turbo XS. It still has the boxer rumble. Took it for a short drive that included 60 mph highway. Much quieter and easier to live with. At low RPM it does have a nice rumble, but it is much smoother at the 2500-3500 RPM range. No droning on the highway. This is a performance exhaust however and those expecting factory quietness would be disappointed, but I am very happy with the finished product. From order to delivery was about ten days, but the service was excellent and I was informed of ship date with tracking info included.:)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Love mine on the 2.0 too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for posting this, I've got an 07 with a turboxs 3" turboback, but am looking to quiet it down a bit because of a couple tickets. I've been looking at getting a maddad whisper axleback, but wasnt sure if it would bolt up right, its nice to actually see that someones done it. Is yours a 3" or 2.5"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the late delay. Haven't been on the post for awhile. I have a full 3" TB exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the late delay. Haven't been on the post for awhile. I have a full 3" TB exhaust.
No problem, I just put an invidia catted dp and the maddad 3" catback on. Sounds great, but kills the highway drone and I love the distinctive look of the dual tips. The exhaust bolted up perfect the only thing is I do still need to figure out is the muffler does move around side to side just a little bit, so I will need to figure out a better way to hold it centered in the opening where the tips stick out.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
No problem, I just put an invidia catted dp and the maddad 3" catback on. Sounds great, but kills the highway drone and I love the distinctive look of the dual tips. The exhaust bolted up perfect the only thing is I do still need to figure out is the muffler does move around side to side just a little bit, so I will need to figure out a better way to hold it centered in the opening where the tips stick out.
Are you still using the stock exhaust hangers?

If you are grab some Kartboy Hangers and the exhaust will sit solid and not move at all. The stock/oem hangers are too soft a little bit thinner than the KBs, so that should do the trick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you still using the stock exhaust hangers?

If you are grab some Kartboy Hangers and the exhaust will sit solid and not move at all. The stock/oem hangers are too soft a little bit thinner than the KBs, so that should do the trick.
Yea still using the stock ones for now, did put a small block into one to stretch it and solidify it a bit, but I'll def be getting some kartboys. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts