ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Tuesday i when over to denver to meet with Louis and to get my car tuned.i got in to denver about 10pm about the time i was suppose to meet hem. i call and get the directions to his house and then get lost, i dint make it to his house until about a 11:30PM. witch i thought would be way to late but no he says hi and let go we try to install the WB but i was not getting power, that took bout 20 min to do. now it about 11:50PM i think there is no way he is going to say up and help because of how late it is.nope he say lets give it a shot with out the WB. about 1 hour later and 100miles we get all the knock out the the boost and timing set! im so happy a big thanks to Louis for sating up so late to help me.
i no this my not make much cense but all im saying is thanks.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Thanks man, I'm glad to help anyone out with their Utec "tooning"

Your car feels very strong. You are very trusting to let a stranger drive your car at speeds of 120+mph :D

Let me know if you ever want to do a race gas map, those are fun!

I was pretty tired the next day, but it's all good in the hood. w3rd.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
WOOT WOOT..sticker for Louis.

Glad you guys got your car running smooth. I can vouch, blowing a motor is no good. My Utec and I had disagrements all the time. Hence the reason I divorced it...:tongue:

Rock on another badarse WRX rolling around.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was a little scared about the 120 + but its what i was willing to do to get my car ruing right!

and yes im glad i dint blow my car up to but i was dam close.
i will be in denver in sep for the car show thing with some friends, maybe we could have a meet the night before at D&B or some thing like that. maybe when im there we an do the race gas thing to? that should be fun!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Since the thanking is over.....

Hey Louis, did you ever do the TB by-pass mod?
I couldn't find that old thread for some reason.

I saw these data logs the other day that convinced me to do it. A 20F drop in temps. The mod cost me $2. A brass 3/8" barbed connector from home depot.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4531&page=2&highlight=throttle+body+mod
should be middle of 2nd page.

I know that car is not FI, but it relates.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Do you like the TB mod? Did you notice any differences? Reading that thread you posted it seems like things might go wrong when it get cold again or is that cold like Canada and not cold like here? Any downsides to it?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
You're a good man Louis! I'm still waiting for a ride too. ;)

Always like to see the MS crew coming to the aid of one another.

You are a King "Tunner" . ;)

:cool:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
mike270 said:
Do you like the TB mod? Did you notice any differences? Reading that thread you posted it seems like things might go wrong when it get cold again or is that cold like Canada and not cold like here? Any downsides to it?

Sorry about the hijack black. The mod made me think of Louis.

It's not a huge difference. You would probably need instrumentation to prove the difference, but the linked intake temp graphs is enough for me. 20F!! I don't really see that downside. It would have to be worse than canada cold. Once the engine is at operating temps, I don't see a problem. It's so frikin easy and cheap.

I will surely report any problems this winter, but I am not worried. I've seen a few posts from the north saying that they are fine.
/OT

We should have a meet when black comes back to town.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts