ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I suck at driving. I really didn't do my car justice.

I ran into a young guy driving a Mach 1 today and asked him if he wanted to give it a go a few times.He said sure.

First race.
5 mph roll - I was just sitting there completely off boost when I heard the 3rd honk. He instantly jumped 1 1/2 cars in front of me ( Like I said I was completey off boost at 5mph + he definately hit it before me). By the time we got up to about 70mph I was right at his rear bumper. He let off. So I have to give the first race to him

Second time - 10 mph roll - I was ready this time and got a much better start. I pulled about 1/2 + car on him in first gear , then missed second gear (couldn't believe it). That let him catch up and start to pass me. I finally got it in second gear and tried to make up the ground I was starting to loose. I shifted into 3rd gear and we were side by side. We went up to about 85 mph and we were dead even when we let off.
The guy pulled along side of me and said " our cars are basically even". I had to break it to him that I missed 2nd gear. So I basically ran dead even from 10mph - 85mph with a Mach 1, even though I missed 2nd gear.

Third time - from about 40mph - I hit it first and got the jump (basically what happened to me in the first race), he tried to keep up but I had ended up with a couple cars on him.

Those cars are definately fast. Absolutely no room for mistakes when your racing one.

Pretty fun encounters, with the exception of my bad driving.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Those are definitely quick cars out of the box. They basically ET very similar to a stock LS1 but trap a little lower.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hmmm, I wont call :bs: but I am not sure I believe the last race. 40 mph rolls are where a RWD V8 has all kinds of advantages over a 4 cyl AWD.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
mball said:
Hmmm, I wont call :bs: but I am not sure I believe the last race. 40 mph rolls are where a RWD V8 has all kinds of advantages over a 4 cyl AWD.
yes, but you must take into account the fact that an STI is generally a bit quicker stock for stock against a mach1 and this specific sti is modded with TBE and ECU. had he been a better driver, he probably would have pulled more cars on him. He ran a 12.8 on with just the TBE, with a better driver and that Utec he is capable of mid 12's not problem... that is def. out of Mach1 territory from a stop or a roll.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mball said:
Most stock Mach 1's are trapping in the 102 - 105 mph range. I trapped 105 mph before my engine managment.

I should be good for 12.6 @ 108 mph for sure. Seeing that I ran 12.8 @ 105 mph before engine management.

About not being fast enough. I easily beat an LS1 Z28 from 60mph - 110mph or so. I did it several times back to back just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Each time I pulled at least 2 cars on him up to 110mph or so. I was also still pulling on him at 110mph.

·
Registered
976 Posts
mball said:
That's why people mod their cars. I ran a Mach1 from a 40 roll in my lightly modded SRT-4 (at the time only had intake, downpipe, and boost controller) and we were pretty even all the way up to 130-135. He had 4.11 gears, and a h-pipe. I can post the video if you'd like.

Good kill man! :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
DTR rex said:
yes, but you must take into account the fact that an STI is generally a bit quicker stock for stock against a mach1 and this specific sti is modded with TBE and ECU. had he been a better driver, he probably would have pulled more cars on him. He ran a 12.8 on with just the TBE, with a better driver and that Utec he is capable of mid 12's not problem... that is def. out of Mach1 territory from a stop or a roll.
Good points, I can see it now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I can host the vid... Just a T1, on a BSD system, but I think it'll get the job done :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Damn, your car must be sick if you can miss a gear and still run even with a Mach 1. And I fail to see how you suck at driving since you never lose any races bro :D Good runs, your stories always make me jealous

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Good runs. I believe you can take a Mach 1 and beat him, especially with the few mods you have. I've had 2 encounters with them, for a dead stop to plus 60 MPH rolls. Dead stop...lets just say it wasn't pretty.
From the rolls, each time I would get about 1 to 2 lengths and hold it till we backed out. Our cars seem to be able to get the torque to the ground quicker than their V8s..which is a bit surprising.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts