ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the differnce between wrx , wrx sti and evo and what is more to my power level of 270ish rwh and 290ish rwt in my 04 mach 1

·
Registered
0 Posts
what is the differnce between wrx , wrx sti and evo and what is more to my power level of 270ish rwh and 290ish rwt in my 04 mach 1
what are you asking :confused:

·
3,726 Posts
wrx, wrx STi, and Evo are awd. Mach 1 is not. No comparison. :rotfl::rotfl:

i keed. A lightly modded Sti would probably be comparable to your Mach, as far as hp/tq #'s. Same w/ Evo..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for mis post :)as in quarter mile and hp/tq stock and how to tell between wrx and wrx sti '''''''''''and as far as tread of awd did not help last two wrx's i raced:rotfl:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
'''''''''''and as far as tread of awd did not help last two wrx's i raced:rotfl:
Assuming a decent driver in a stock WRX, of course it would help, at least off the line. It just wouldn't compensate for a 100hp deficit in whp. :shrug:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Assuming a decent driver in a stock WRX, of course it would help, at least off the line. It just wouldn't compensate for a 100hp deficit in whp. :shrug:
did you try an STI yet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
you have more horsepower than I do, so you would beat me in a straight line race unless you can't drive. This being said I was driving down south Highway 1 here through all the twisties and the mustang GT that had been riding my tail the whole way couldn't keep up through the curves when i finally got on it out of traffic. I don't know if he couldn't drive or what but he did feel it necessary to show me that he can fly pass me when i put on the breaks on a straight away.

·
48,722 Posts
did you try an STI yet?
Hell no. I'm not getting anywhere near one of those things...I'd black out, and come to in a cheap office somewhere, signing finance papers. :tongue:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would love to race a stock sti and from any race point stop or roll. but where i live not to many sti or evo's let alone stock one's and the last wrx i was behind had an exhaust that sounded like it was pushing 5000 cubic feet of air per sec.the wrx's are used as 1/4 mile cars as is evo but my ? is a guy says car is just a wrx but in reality its a sti how can i tell its a sti.sti is faster or am i incorrect

·
48,722 Posts
i would love to race a stock sti and from any race point stop or roll. but where i live not to many sti or evo's let alone stock one's and the last wrx i was behind had an exhaust that sounded like it was pushing 5000 cubic feet of air per sec.the wrx's are used as 1/4 mile cars as is evo but my ? is a guy says car is just a wrx but in reality its a sti how can i tell its a sti.sti is faster or am i incorrect
Why lie about what kind of car you have? :confused:

·
3,726 Posts
Sti is faster, you are correct. (stock vs. stock wrx) If the car is a Bugeye ( do a search if you need to) then it will not be an USDM STi. So, that's one way to tell. I'm not sure why anyone would want to disguise their STi, but if you get beat by a WRX, it is either an STi or modded (probably heavily) WRX.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Gold brembo brakes are the easiest way to spot an STI. also the stick shift has the reverse lockout
and there is a DCCD controller on the center console.

·
3,726 Posts
Gold brembo brakes are the easiest way to spot an STI. also the stick shift has the reverse lockout
and there is a DCCD controller on the center console.
+1 on the Brembo brakes as an outside visual clue. Thanks, SW, I had forgotten about those.

·
48,722 Posts
some will lie just to win but i see it as you dont ask i wont tell
I guess it's part of the "street racer ethos", ergo, something that I will not relate to. Carry on. :)

·
3,726 Posts
I guess it's part of the "street racer ethos", ergo, something that I will not relate to. Carry on. :)
Ray's nick name is "Toretto". Don't be fooled. He lives his life 1/4 mile at a time..:rotfl:

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a stage 2 02 wrx and rolled up on a mach 1 at a red light. He wouldn't go from a stop (which I laughed at and told him his car is a drag car) but we went from a 10 roll and I slipped the clutch a little (I know i shouldn't have). Long story short had him by a car until i was shifting into thrid at about 65 then he started to come back and by 80 he was passing me slowly.... I wasn't really surprized, my 2.0 liter car held its own against a v8 pony car.
Once I put in my g35r it will be a different story.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts