ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I will try, but it seems to be one thing after another. I have to call to Mark about my plugs, and see if he can help me out on a few tuning items. I am going to try running some 111 oct. gas to see if that rids me of the knock. I am trying, but I'm not sure if I will have a good turbo, and my RA tranny.
MCL

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I would like to try out the utec to see if it get rid of the knock for sure. I am getting mis fires at around 3k now, so I'm going backward right now. When is your car getting painted? If there is anyway you can pull the utec out and let me test drive it on my car I would love it. I have the link, and a stock ecu you could put in there for them to move it around. Also I pulled my front o2 sensor, and the rear is broken, and I plan on leaving it that way to run 111 mix all the time. Does the Utec use them?
MCL

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am having such a hard time getting the link to work right. If I end up having the same things happen with a Utec, if I can barrow someones, then I will stay with the link. At this point I am just ready to drive my car past 4k rpm, with no knock or misfires. If anyone is willing to come out and help me out with the link I will be in your debt. I would drive to you, but I don't really feel safe driving it around a lot of other cars.
MCL

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
WickedRydaX said:
I am having such a hard time getting the link to work right. If I end up having the same things happen with a Utec, if I can barrow someones, then I will stay with the link. At this point I am just ready to drive my car past 4k rpm, with no knock or misfires. If anyone is willing to come out and help me out with the link I will be in your debt. I would drive to you, but I don't really feel safe driving it around a lot of other cars.
MCL
I will help as much as I can......start by bringing boost down, add a bit of fuel, and take a degree out of timing, this should at least make it drivable.

PM me, I will be out of town this weekend, but available next.

Nate

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have pulled all of the timing in the zones that are knocking, and I'm running a 10.5:1 afr where it is knocking. It's at about 15.5psi boost also. Which isn't much for a 2.5 swaped wrx. I will be out of town most of next week. So when I get back into town I will PM you for some help. ThankS for the offer also.
MCL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts