Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was driving my sister to my aunts house and and M3 pulls up and gives me a thumbs up. He wanted to race at the next light , but i told signalled that i had to get on the freeway. We pulled on to the free way, i was redlining each gear to catch up with this guy, and theres lots of traffic so we settle in around 80. We got some room so we raced to about 90 and had to slow down again. Finally alot of room opened up, and he was siganlling seomthing
i couldnt understand him, so after like 30 seconds he just floored it and was gone. forget keeping up with him!! i was doing 90 and he was pulling away like crazy! he must have hit 120..im only sixteen so a ticket means a heck of lot more for me,(dang insurance rates), so i would have tried to put up a better fight, but oh well. maybe next time :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
m3s are nice cars.... BMW is like my favorite car company... altho ritE now the WRX is my fav car... maybe thats cause i own one? :rolleyes: But the new E46s are a lot faster than the older E36 (US version nE way)... top end i think they both should beat us? not sure...

as far as your mods are planned... the exhaust i am getting is the HKS Carbon-Ti catback... most all the exhasuts i see out are way overpriced... but this is the coolest thing i have seen.. anywhere from 650-900 depending where u buy it...

later
-Mike
[email protected]
www.mikeville.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies guys
mike i took a look at that exhaust and i like it a lot. thanks for the advice. def considering it!
yeah those things a sick fast. i always knew it but i needed to see it to believe it !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love the M3 in my opinion it is the perfect balance of luxury and power. It has great overall performance. It may not beat the fastest cars in 0-60 and quarter mile, and it may lose to the best cars in track racing but nothing can take its beautiful interior :) Not to mention most people dont expect to get wasted by a luxury car. The look on their faces ----->:eek: some of us however do not have that much money to blow on a car Thats why the WRX is such a good car

·
Registered
202 Posts
new M3 w/sequential trans...I'd give my left one to own. I havent driven a new M3 but I have gotten a ride in one and that is one superb machine in every possible way of measuring. That car totally rules it class of vehicles in the same way the WRX does in the sub 30K$ sedan category...nothing else comes close. I'd love to see what dinan could do with one.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Exhaust recommendation

I love my Blitz catback...only had it for a few days but my butt dyno feels a definite difference. It's REALLY loud though, but you can put the silencer in. $600 from Godspeed if you're buying online (I got a discount from my local shop here)...

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Wow its nice to hear you guys compliment other cars. Alot of the other car forums think their cars are superior to all. But ya I love BMW. I would get one but my dad said no. Haha so instead he's buying me a WRX in a few weeks. Oh well. Whatever works right?:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
PhreeZe said:
Wow its nice to hear you guys compliment other cars. Alot of the other car forums think their cars are superior to all. But ya I love BMW. I would get one but my dad said no. Haha so instead he's buying me a WRX in a few weeks. Oh well. Whatever works right?:D :D :D
what a punk... :p enjoy the WRX... just hope u thank daddy for buying it for u :) ... i got a BMW for my 16th bDay... nice cars, i had an E36 coupe. (notice my email is from, if u like BMWs ull like that site) But i also like my WRX too!

-Mike
[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
should have kept pushin

the wrx's are so new its tough to tell how there resale will be,. my geuss is pretty damn good. great all around car. goddamn thing on cost in the twentys.:confused: i love my bimmer and sorry u cant be part of what i think is the one of the best car heratiges out there. anyhow welcome a board.and i have to disagree about roadfly as a fourm. i think that www.bimmerforums.com is the best bmw fourm out there. the quality of people is so good!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: should have kept pushin

99 m3steve said:
the wrx's are so new its tough to tell how there resale will be,. my geuss is pretty damn good. great all around car. goddamn thing on cost in the twentys.:confused: i love my bimmer and sorry u cant be part of what i think is the one of the best car heratiges out there. anyhow welcome a board.and i have to disagree about roadfly as a fourm. i think that www.bimmerforums.com is the best bmw fourm out there. the quality of people is so good!
www.Bimmerforums.com is by far the best place!

But, I love the WRX and BMW's!

·
556 Posts
Haha ya I know I'm a punk :) And I am very gratful, not just for the car, but everything my dad has given to me. I sometimes wonder why I am such a ***** to my dad :( But ya I love BMW. My first car love. I wanted a white E36 325 and do a whole reiger conversion. But that didnt fly to well with my dad. He hates the idea of me modding my car. We got into a big argument about it and so I'm guessing he's gonna let me. He knew I would be piss :) But as long I keep golfing and do good during the school year, he will be very happy. Oh and also.....

DTM POWER 4-LIFE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
PhreeZe said:
Haha ya I know I'm a punk :) And I am very gratful, not just for the car, but everything my dad has given to me. I sometimes wonder why I am such a ***** to my dad :( But ya I love BMW. My first car love. I wanted a white E36 325 and do a whole reiger conversion. But that didnt fly to well with my dad. He hates the idea of me modding my car. We got into a big argument about it and so I'm guessing he's gonna let me. He knew I would be piss :) But as long I keep golfing and do good during the school year, he will be very happy. Oh and also.....

DTM POWER 4-LIFE!!!!!
alright another golfer... i havent played in about a month... i practice every day but i have no desire to play... o well, golf season is over till next fall nE way... i attached a pic of my sticks...

-Mike

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Re: what is that stuff

99 m3steve said:
i see the 975 is it the d or j? scotty cameron putter, and i cant make out the rest. i played the last 3 times this week;)
thats an older pic.. currently i play:
driver- nike 275cc X stiff fuji shaft
3 wood- sold it was a 975F 14.5*
2 iron- hogan
3-PW: mizuno mp33
52* & 56* : titleist vokey raw
60*: nike forged.
putter: scotty cameron newport II pro platinum.

in the pic is a 975J w/fujikura speeder 757 X stiff shaft (sort of for sale... i dont use it nE more)

-Mike

PS: i love getting golf stuff for 25% off wholesale... school golf program.. :D

·
556 Posts
You bastard! You have the MP-33!!!! I so wanted those! Have you tried the new Nike Blades? Unbelievable. So solid. I havent tried the MP-33 with the Nike's at the same time but I hear they are pretty much the same. I still rather have the mizunos though. Hows the pro plantium? My dad said I could buy one RIGHT NOW if I want. I've been playing with my crappy Oddesey Rossie II putter for like 6 years. Crappy putter. I hate it. But ya give me a review on the cameron. There's one brand new on in the proshop right now. Its priced at $200 I believe. Oh here's my bag list

Titleist 975D 9.5 Driver
Callaway Steel Head Plus 3 Wood
Oddesey Rossie II Putter
Tommy Armour EVO V-25 (Forged Blades)
Clevland 60 Degree Wedge
Beh Hogan Pro Spin 56 Degree Wedge

I need to start playing! My handicap is probably like a 15 now :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts