Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The Sti gets the jump but that E46 just REELS it in afterwards. Wow.

Did you read any of the posts on that BMW forum? Those guys are just in a different league. Money must be nice! I better get off my lazy duff and make some! :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
is2scooby said:
The Sti gets the jump but that E46 just REELS it in afterwards. Wow.

Did you read any of the posts on that BMW forum? Those guys are just in a different league. Money must be nice! I better get off my lazy duff and make some! :D
Amen to that brother!

misterx

BTW - Why do I only get sound and no pic with the video?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was actuall refering to the guys on the BMW fourm - calling the STi - a slow car.

I think everything is relative. Its no big deal if an M3 beats an STi, just like it's no big deal if a WRX beats a Civic - assming the cars are stock in both cases.

Racing should be more about driving skills. I would never brag about beating a Honda Civic with my WRX, and then refer to the Civic as a slow car, because I know that the Civic is faster than some of the cars that are less expensive than the civic.

And to answer your question, I don't alway race cars that cost exactly the same as my WRX, but I also dont waste time racing cars that are $10,000 to $15,000 less that my WRX - Geo Metro, Ford Focus, Toyota Matrix etc...... whats the point.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The beemer guys are always looking to justify all the money they wasted on those things. They are nice but overpriced. Basically you are paying for lazy German union workers to take 6 week vacations.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ashish, if you look closely the person that said the STi was slow was mr impreza( i believe he was dissapointed with the result). Most of them know and respect the sti for what it is. Hence the video. Point is, STi is competitive and worth comparing to the M3. And infact, in a short (short to 40mph) race would beat it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ashish Shah said:
I was actuall refering to the guys on the BMW fourm - calling the STi - a slow car.

I think everything is relative. Its no big deal if an M3 beats an STi, just like it's no big deal if a WRX beats a Civic - assming the cars are stock in both cases.

Racing should be more about driving skills. I would never brag about beating a Honda Civic with my WRX, and then refer to the Civic as a slow car, because I know that the Civic is faster than some of the cars that are less expensive than the civic.

And to answer your question, I don't alway race cars that cost exactly the same as my WRX, but I also dont waste time racing cars that are $10,000 to $15,000 less that my WRX - Geo Metro, Ford Focus, Toyota Matrix etc...... whats the point.
Ashish,

Good points! I agree it's all relative too! We're just coming at it from the underdog's standpoint though. If I had a Lamborghini and I crushed a guy in a Z06 I bet I would at least have a giggle about it on www.iamrichanddriveitalian.net in the Lambo vs. The World forum. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a Euro STi version.... The horsepower, torque, and weight with the new M3 is way off. Of course the E46 creamed the Euro STi! If the JDM STi Spec C was compared to the E46 then the E46 would be in trouble. That would be more realistic because those two cars are at the top of their brand model. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont know about smoking them. I had an E36 M3 and it was probably the best car I've owned in terms of overall performance (won best handling car in the world title two years running). It may not be the fastest car, but it had plenty of torque throughout the RPM range, a quick revving engine and short gear ratios. I have a lot of mods on my WRX and I think it would still be a close match based on the type of race (given equally qualified drivers)

·
Registered
7 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
The beemer guys are always looking to justify all the money they wasted on those things. They are nice but overpriced. Basically you are paying for lazy German union workers to take 6 week vacations.
Damn, I guess all of the millions of BMW owners are all dumb ehh? :rolleyes:

That comment about the 6 week vacation sounds like something my ******* Ford friend would say. It is extremely biased and uneducated.

Okay, so an STI can hang or even beat an M3, so what? Who cares? Are you going to be one of those owners who invested 10k in their car to beat exotic cars and go around bragging about it?

When it comes down to it, no one really buys a car for drag racing purposes. If you want a drag racing car, go buy domestic; that is what they are good for.

VeganWRX,

"rock those M3's" I am assuming off the line launches. I highly doubt, unless your car is mildly modified, you will not pull on an M3 on the highways.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
Overpriced? I wouldn't say that. Those E46 M3's are built like tanks. We cant even compare to with our japaneese sheet metal. Plus the whole overall performance on those things. I mean I love my WRX but lets be real fellas, I bet almost everyone here would rather own a E46 M3 then our U.S. WRX.

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
junaitari said:

I'm one of the few that wouldn't. I never have liked them.
I never liked them either but I would own an M3 over a U.S WRX.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
junaitari said:
Not me. Who cares how fast it is? It's RWD, and overpriced (for my price range). I prefer my little cheap AWD vehicle.
Whats wrong with RWD? It can still handle better then the wrx. But hey dont think im doggin on you or nothing :)

Jason

1 - 20 of 59 Posts