ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comming back from a fun drive in northern nj and was getting on FDR in manhattan while i see in my side view mirror that a white M3 is flying. I was in the center lane and he was in the right one, there was a car in front of me so i had to break. So he passes me but also has to break, so I switch the lane go around the car in front of me and fly past him but yet again a car in front makes me slow down. I was in 4th so he catches up to me but i switch the lane to the left and floor it in 4th while he was all the way to the right. I had some lag since my rpms were at 2800 but he was able to catch up to about half my car and couldnt do anything more to me while I was flooring it as we were going I had to switch a lane to the left becasue there was a slow limo driver after I passed him I noticed I had 90 on the speedometer and he was still in the back. Once I saw that the speed was 40 over the speed limit I hit the brakes and only then he shot past me like a rocket. Not bad for my little stock wagon...:) although not for long, I got my AccessPort in the works :) and more mods comming soon.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you had a stock wagon and he had a new e46m3...then it would not have been much of a race after anything over 60mph. If you were both doing 80 and you were in 4th then he didnt try until he flew by you..those things are monsters compared to a stock wrx...

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I remember caravanning with an STi, a stage 4 WRX, a 318ti BMW with an M3 engine, and an E46 M3.

We were doing indian runs on the highway, just f*cking around, passing each other, and so on.

The M3 0wn3d everyone.

That car is super fast on the highway.

Maybe your car has a secret huge turbo in it ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it didn't take me either till i hit the brakes, and for what its worth I wasn't really trying either, i could have shifted into 3rd and then punched it, another thing he was with his girlfriend and seemed like he was trying becasue i soon as i passed him he sped up to try and pass me

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It will beat zoo on zee highway.

Oh wait an M3 will beat you any time.

bro you could have went to third and he could have went to 5th and beat you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Who said it was an e46, could have been a 36 or 3 series with the m badging, I've seen tons of those running around. Quit being trolls and say nice!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Not trolling...I just question things sometimes...I have been in so many races w/ so many diff. wrx stages that I have some good background to work with. Thats all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No trolling intended here!

I have to question this one. It's difficult to speculte on things that happen on the freeways, streets, etc... but we all know when something sounds off.

If this was an E46 M, sorry, but no chance. He was not trying or something, but these two cars are in different classes.

If it was an E36 M, I still don't think so. Granted these two cars are much closer in performance, but I have a modded E36 M and when I was stock I ran a few WRX's (wagon's included) and it was the same thing almost everytime. They would get the jump and I would just reel them in. On the highway though I never had that much trouble pulling a WRX. Now, when you start modding these thing that is a totally different discussion. But with this one I just do not see it happening that way. Just my .02

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As you can see when i posted this i put a question mark at the end to suggest that i was surprised myself that he wasnt able to pull on me. As far as recognizing whether it was an M3 it could have been just a 3 series witha badge on it becasue it happaned so fast i am not sure now :wiggles: i do remember the M3 badge vividly. See i know that 330 hp is not 227 so yeah i was just as sceptical as you guys are? but thats why i hate people that put badges on their car and try to make like they own the road. If you gonna put a badge on back it up with performance otherwise you going to look stupid, when a wagon kicks your ass:D:D

·
Registered
664 Posts
sounds like it coulda been 330, 323, or 325 with an identity crisis. I see tons of cheeseballs around here in 325's with m tags, body kits, or shaved tags. Sometimes it requires a keen eye. look for quad pipes sleek rims, and extremely pimp greenish hid lamps.

Even though i smack around e36's now, i would lose every time when stock... Which is why Cobb tuning makes me happy.

As for the E46 they also sport about 290wheel hp, so yea a stock wagon making 165 (on a cold dry day) has no shot, any distance and lead you got would be taken from you like a sucker from a baby.

hed blow your doors off :wiggles:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I agree, that was not an E46 m3 you were racing.....it was a re/de badged 3 series...

an E46 would pull on you like a raped gorilla, your stock wagon would see tail lights from any gear, any speed

1 - 20 of 36 Posts