ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture... it's kinda big but there's about 5-6 high quality pictures in that one file.

·
Registered
555 Posts
how loud is it ? I really want to buy M2's catback since I really love the stealth look. however, I am not going to buy it if it is going to sound like a rumble turboback. I am currently running a HKS along with Godspeed DP, which is also loud, but I have a silencer that makes it almost at the stock level, altho the 6" tip is not really my way of stealth.
Is it fully SS? Is it full 3"? michigan roads eats everything that is not SS, where can I get them for less amount of money ? 600+ for a catback is quite expensive.sorry about all the Qs, but M2 is one my first wish list for now.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to double click the picture in IE to maximize the resolution.

The M2 Turboback exhaust comes with the muffler, midpipe, and the downpipe and you get a choice of dual tip and 2 different size single tip. They also include 2 new gaskets for the midpipe and the muffler which is essential becuase the opening is bigger than the stock gasket. You can buy a downpipe gasket from subaruparts.com if you like but this is my 2nd time using the stock downpipe gasket and there's no leaks so far. For more information on the exhaust visit www.m2performance.com.

Look aroudn online for instructions on how to install a turboback exhaust and I will just make a note of what to look out for for on the install for this specific exhaust. Here's a summary of the basic install.

1. Wait for car to cool down
2. Remove heatshield
3. disconnect the midpipe and the downpipe
4. remove O2 sensor from downpipe
5. remove downpipe
6. disconnect and remove the midpipe and the muffler
7. install the downpipe
(note: the O2 sensor on the m2 turboback goes in the midpipe instead of the downpipe. The o2 sensor should be long enough if you just pull on it, if not you may need to extend it)
8. Use the stock hanger to hang the M2 muffler, it should slip on w/o a problem
9. Bolt on the midpipe with the downpipe and the muffler and remember to use the bolts and the gaskets provided by M2.

After the install I didn't have the Vishnu chip and the manual boost controller but I can totally feel the car pull in every gear. The turbo spools up much quicker than before. Just to make sure that this is not a psychological thing I asked Roberto to ride in my car and his ass dyno agrees that the turboback exhaust made a HUGE difference in my car.

The car sounds better than it does on thier videoclip. When the car is idel the "chug chug chug" sounds somewhat aggressive and definitely noticeable. When you step on the exhaust you can hear your turbo and feel the extra push with all that air freeing up. That's not all... the best thing about this exhasut is that it is quiet when you are just cruizing at a steady pace on the freeway, allowing me to enjoy whatever music I'm listening to. (BTW get Robert Miles' Dreamland, it's an awesome CD for driving late at night :) ). If i had a digital camcorder I'd record some videoclips for you guys but unfortunately I'm low on funds!

Anyways... about 4 days later I put in the boost controller and my car is just flying. I took Roberto for a spin and he said his car feels like a snail compared to mine.

Now the Vishnu Stage 0 chip... (note that they now have a harness for $80) Roberto helped me install the chip and I let him drive himself home. Roberto is a smoother driver than me but the whole car just felt smoother as a passenger, after we dropped him off I drove to school and I was just apalled at how smoothly the car drove.

Anyways, if you guys have any questions you can ask me or you can call Brett at M2 Performance. I think M2 Performance is developing their own piggyback ECU and they have a lot of goodies from Up-pipes to their awesome big brake kit.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slin:

Anyways... to answer your questions. It is fully SS with a fatty 3" piping all around. I would recommend that you save up and get the whole turboback because downpipes usually make a big difference. The car is noticeably louder when it idels but that's if you and your friends stand around in a quiet afternoon just showing off your car. If a car pulls up next to you during traffic he probably won't notice.

BTW: (about your avatar) Jo Jo's Bizarre Advanture is one of my favorite comic books!!! I've been following it ever since issue 1 with Jo Jo's ancestors and the vampires (before Dio). Only thing that's kind of disappointing is that Stone Ocean is starting to become too complicated in the story and the drawning.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Do you know if it will fit with a rear diff. protector? It looks sweet by the way

·
Registered
499 Posts
yes, that is a good CD.

The muffler looks so stealth. Let it get a little dirty and no one could tell the difference. Cops around here love to pull over cars w/ modified exhausts and I don't want to get pulled over like I did in my Civic.

I'm waiting for Vishnu's Turbo Back (also dual stealth tipped). But I can't wait forever.

-- Rich

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanx for the quick answer blazing. I have Godspeed DP, I think it will fit and no cat will yield more hp gain too. I guess it is time to save up some money.
About the avatar: no one beats Crazy Diamond,,,,,no one. (ok maybe Star Plantium)

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Kanos,

You should call Brett and ask him, he will be able to asnwer your question on that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts