ClubWRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im disappointed Lynn..... This thread doesnt have enough pictures of your car. I remember seeing a lot more from an older thread (an older build thread?).

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm a big fan of the license plate mod..."Zombies...be an organ and tissue donor"...LOL!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Im disappointed Lynn..... This thread doesnt have enough pictures of your car. I remember seeing a lot more from an older thread (an older build thread?).
Lol, I did have another one at one point. I need to take more pictures however i have gotten hit twice more. I need to take it in before any new pictures :)

·
11,970 Posts
TOB is going out, and I also went to the track finally a ways back. Just need some bodywork done at this point. Also updated my dash cam to front/ rear view and higher resolution
Sounds like the track day got a little tense to be needing body work already.

Yeah I’m seeing a lot of people with the 6mt wrx transmission needing them early. I recall seeing a thread referencing a higher quality aftermarket unit but for the life of me I can’t remember the manufacturer

·
11,970 Posts
Burn it to the ground then fix it is my motto.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
No, and I won’t for awhile. I blew my engine. I don’t blame my tune, just putting it out there. My tune was perfect and I will be using Harvey at the boost creep again. At this point, I’m not going back to stock and pretending i didn’t mod the fudge out of this car. I’m buying a new engine. I’m going all out at this point. Still have a lot to figure out :eek3:

·
11,970 Posts
No, and I won’t for awhile. I blew my engine. I don’t blame my tune, just putting it out there. My tune was perfect and I will be using Harvey at the boost creep again. At this point, I’m not going back to stock and pretending i didn’t mod the fudge out of this car. I’m buying a new engine. I’m going all out at this point. Still have a lot to figure out :eek3:
That's usually how big builds start.

·
BooSTIng
2,867 Posts
Ohhhh I know all about this game....... LOL.

Sorry to hear Lynn. Trust me, I know how it feels. My STi goes in about 2 weeks to get a built engine put in her.

·
11,970 Posts
Ohhhh I know all about this game....... LOL.

Sorry to hear Lynn. Trust me, I know how it feels. My STi goes in about 2 weeks to get a built engine put in her.
Ewg with a duck call attached?

·
11,970 Posts
No updates. Haven’t fingered a single thing out, yet. Not even sure if it’s worth it to have current engine torn apart to diagnose?
That's going to depend. Some things like rod knock are pretty obvious. Other things may be worth it

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I literally went like 1.5 miles away. When I was almost there, this really intense thunking started. When I put my foot on the accelator, it sped up. When I parked, I opened my hood to look in and see if it was something obvious. Still thunked at idle. Saw nothing, turned my car off, and it hasnt been able to turn on since. When I turn the ignition, it’s kinda like a scratching noise.

·
11,970 Posts
I literally went like 1.5 miles away. When I was almost there, this really intense thunking started. When I put my foot on the accelator, it sped up. When I parked, I opened my hood to look in and see if it was something obvious. Still thunked at idle. Saw nothing, turned my car off, and it hasnt been able to turn on since. When I turn the ignition, it’s kinda like a scratching noise.
That sounds like a bearing to me. Have you drained the oil to see if there are metallic flakes or chunks in it?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts