Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the torque specs for the lugs? I might have to go loosen mine because i got my eibachs installed and wheels torqued to 95.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok just kidding 58-72 ft lbs... crap i guess im going to pepboys to get a torque wrench tomorrow.. =( gotta fix that

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright dillemma!!! seems like im talking to myself here... The torque specs for the spare are 58-72 ft-lbs does that go same for the wheels... doesnt it seem a little low to torque to only 70. I thoguht it woudl be around 90 ft=lbs???? anyone?///?????:confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I torque mine to 70 ft-lbs. Never had a problem. I believe it's in your manual to torque to 62-75 as well.

Calvin

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
cnk said:
I torque mine to 70 ft-lbs. Never had a problem. I believe it's in your manual to torque to 62-75 as well.

Calvin
It should be remembered that the torque number isn't all that critical, but having the same torque on all five lugs that is important.

I torque mine to 80 ft-lbs. I was told to do so by a Subaru technician.

-Jim

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
factory spec is 68 ft lbs, I torque to 72. You need to follw some important rules however. Always torque in a star pattern and bring the torque up gradually- not right to 72 right off the getgo. Also I tighten as much as possible w/ the wheels off the ground (star pattern) then I let the tire down just enough to touch the ground and not spin, then I finish my torqueing (again w/ star pattern). This way the majority of the weight is still off of the tire and you will get a much better (even) torque.

This is very important- the lug nuts will likely loosen after a 100 miles (maybe less depending on type of driving)- always, always retorque the nuts again after this. Mine are almost always slightly loose before the second torquing.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Big Sky is on the Money on this one!!!

Thats how I started doing it after I tourqed to 65ft. lbs and they felt loose after a trip of 20miles!!

I do like he does now (The whole shabang:D )

Shotgun

·
Registered
3 Posts
... Also I tighten as much as possible w/ the wheels off the ground (star pattern) then I let the tire down just enough to touch the ground and not spin, then I finish my torqueing (again w/ star pattern). [/B]

Why would the wheels spin? I thought all subauru's are AWD.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Open front diff and limited slip center and rear that won't engage with slow spinning of one wheel. Just like a FWD or RWD car where you spin a front wheel and the other moves as well.

Chris

·
Registered
102 Posts
70 ft-lbs....no problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts