Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about lowering my wrx... with either the tein or apex suspension... ive heard that its not good at all for the car and that it will ruin the differentials... and its just not good becuz of the AWD... let me know please... thank you

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think a milder 1.5" drop wouldn't be at all detrimental to the car's health and/or road characteristics...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It's good for the handling and it looks good.

It can be expensive. I had alignment problems and my rear fenders still need to be rolled. If the rolling goes badly, I'll have to pay to have them painted. I also ruined a new set of tires in a few thousand miles, so be careful. Do more research before you dive into this.

In spite of all my problems, I wouldn't have it any other way. My car handles really well.

misterx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CAMBER??

so camber will be an issue... also how much of a drop did u go with? cuz i figure that if its gonna be like my old civic then im coll off lowering it... but i dunno i think its too high off the ground... especially with 18's... or u guys think i should sell the rims and get 17's? like some bronze or gold advan rims... what u guys think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the 18's but im wondering how much i should lower it or shouldi even lower it? cuz it looks like a monster truck with the 18's so im thinking of selling them and getings 17's and not lowering it at all.... damn im confused now:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
You should be using tires that are the same diameter as stock regardless, so I don't see where it makes any difference cosmetically.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I guess the original question was "will it hurt the AWD?". The answer is no.

I'm not sure whether to put this in suspension and handling or appearance.

It looks like what he really want to know now is "how's it gonna look". So I guess it's going in appearance . Shaggin, please do a search in the suspension forum if you'd like to know about lowering and performance. There are PLENTY of threads:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/searc...id=90032&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
On second thought I guess I'll leave it here. The powertrain answer is " lower away". Please look in and/or start another thread in one of the other forums regarding other issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the original question was will it affect the AWD... last thing i wanna do is hurt my beautiful baby... and do some expensive damage..... you feel?

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
That's cool, The thread was just getting off topic into looks.

C

·
Registered
298 Posts
SHaGGiNWaGoNWRX said:
the original question was will it affect the AWD... last thing i wanna do is hurt my beautiful baby... and do some expensive damage..... you feel?
Nah I don't think it will hurt it. If you get the TXS stealthback it may hurt the cat though. :D Been rubbing on high speed-bumps.

Of course I am reallllllly low though. But like MisterX said, it handles great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts