Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i know a guy who has a VW GTI (yes i know boooooo german car on a subie forum) and he has lowering springs that have him a decent amount of low while retaining the feel of stock suspension. I just wanted to see what or if the community recommends lowering springs on stock struts. My rims for reference are 18x9.5 +40 with 255/35/r18 tires.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
Is he cute?

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
I recommend stock springs since the car is low enough already. It already plows snow and hits high curbs.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
If anything, I'd suggest RCE Regular Guy Black Springs. They add a very subtle drop, add a bit of stiffness, and are safe on stock struts. otherwise, do things the right way and get coilovers.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
If anything, I'd suggest RCE Regular Guy Black Springs. They add a very subtle drop, add a bit of stiffness, and are safe on stock struts. otherwise, do things the right way and get coilovers.
I can't think of coilovers that would be doing it right for street driving when you have spring and strut combos out there that are far superior than similarly priced coils and typically are more comfortable on the street.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts