ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with this? I'm about to purchase some 18's and Prodrive springs. I have all kinds of sound bling in the trunk (~75lbs.). I know the drop is fine on 18's but do you think I'll have problems with wheel rubbing due to my club wrx in the trunk? Thanks in advance.

Evan

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Probably not. Aftermarket struts will also help support the weight a little bit more as well I believe

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think that you will be just fine. The Prodrive springs don't drop the car all that much, and 75 pounds of amps and sub in the trunk is NOTHING! I have about 100# of sub and amps in the trunk of my STi, and with my Espelir GT (not SDL) springs, I don't have any rubbing (but I'm on stock 17 rims and 225's). I just don't think that it will be an issue. The Prodrives will have a higher spring rate, and the 18's should not be an issue, as long as you use good judgement with width and rim offset choices.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
the prodrives will leave you with plenty of clearance.

now, just maybe watch out how much platinum and gold you put on your teef's for the front

·
Registered
863 Posts
if you're really worried you could go out and buy wagon specific springs. The wagon is 80lbs heavier in the rear, so the stiffer spring rate out back would compensate for your system.

just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts