Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some lowering springs for my 02 WRX. Which brand does everybody
reccommend for only wanting to lower it enought to fill in some wheel gap w/18" rims
and help with body roll? Thanks
I was leaning towards the eibachs...
Also where to buy in Southern California

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
If you plan on using your springs w/ stock struts- be careful. A lot of lowering springs are just too low for the oe struts. When you run a strut out of its intended range = short life. The more you lower, the more camber issues you will have. For the stock strut, any more than 1" lower will be pushing it.

Also look at STi springs, 200lbs front 180 rear ~ 20mm of lowering. Lot's of satisfied customer. Also, it appears that the SPT springs may be available w/o buying the strut/spring package. A touch stiffer springs and about the same lowering.

Big Sky

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong guys...but it seems like you are kinda screwed if you don't go with coil overs because the wrx seems to have struts that don't take kindly to shorter springs. I don't want to be bouncing down the street like a riced out Honda...but at the same time I can't afford $2k on coil overs after $2k on wheels...

I noticed the Teins seem to have a more subtle drop...that's mainly what I am looking for. Maybe the more subtle the drop the more subtle the impact on your stock struts...just a thought.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Any strut (including struts w/ coilovers) are designed to operate in a certain range (length) mess w/ that (read shorten, as w/ springs) and strut life will suffer. That said, springs that don't greatly increase spring rates and that lower slightly (subtley) will work best w/ stock struts. I believe that is what Dan was reffering to when he said you were correct.

Big Sky

·
Registered
295 Posts
TEIN coilovers, decent, but not for rainy climates!

Hi all, just wanted to put in MY02 cents. Regarding the TEINs, I hear they do the job if you live in a dry climate. I'm in Seattle, and I hear a lot about rusting in the first 6-8 months. I think it was something to do with the lack of some dust plug/cover thing. For just a few more hundred bucks, you can get the DMS 40mm Gold coilovers. If it's just springs you are looking for, I'd go with H&R's, they offer the lowest drop and are priced decent ($220-$250+) assuming you have wheels that really 'fit' (Stock or 17" with at least a 46mm offset, or 18" with at least a 47+mm offset. If you have 18''s on your car, I'd go with the Eibachs.. I suggest getting a HyperMax magazine (Japanese), every possible product for GDA/B's are in there. If you can get your hands on them, get the RS*R springs for the CUSCO coilovers...best of luck..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.