ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 2007 WRX. I am taking advantage of Black Friday and finally getting a new set of wheels. I am slowly but surly make the car the way I want it (purchased in March). From my research I’m pretty sure I’m going to need to roll the rear fenders at the least. I went with Konig hypergrams 17x9 et40. To my question, I know to get the car to look the way I want, I will want to lower it a bit. I figure maybe only about 1/2” in the rear and a tad more in the front. But there’s not much out there with a minimal drop. One that I see is the swift springs. They seem to be designed for the stock struts and are about the same stiffness as stock. Are these a good choice? Any others you recommend? Not tracking the car ever. Will be a fun summer car for weekends and occasional commuter to work. Will also be used in the winter I’m sure. I have a truck that is my main vehicle. Edit: what about sti take offs? My understanding is they would fit my stock struts and drop is minimal. I actually found someone local that’s selling a set of 2006 sti struts and springs. I know I can’t use the struts but hes asking like $400 for them. But heard good things about going this route.

I know lowering with springs is not a popular choice for most but I’m pretty much blowing my wad on wheels and tires so I can’t afford a strut/spring combo or coilovers right now. In the future, especially when my struts need replaced, I will upgrade to a better option. Car only has 68k miles so I’m not quite there yet. Thanks for the help. Swift spring set is on sale also so I’m trying to make a decision soon.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,678 Posts
See if/how the wheels fit first. Then contact RCE and tell them how much clearance you have inboard and outboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To bump this and add, I see a ton of people over the years of forum threads, recommend Prodrive lowering springs. But I can’t find them anywhere. Are they still around?
I am on the verge of buying some sti take offs locally but while I think I would like the better performance, not sure if the drop would be quite enough for my liking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts