ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
subaru 03 wrx, 160k miles.

About a month and a half ago I started hearing a squeaking sound in low speeds (parking lot) from the front (possibly driver's) side of the car. I had to do the maintenance which i took it in to Subaru dealer for and when i picked up th4e car they told me the inner cv boots were torn. This was a month ago...

So this past weekend I replaced both front axles and while I was at it, I replaced the brake pads. Rotors are pretty new and looked good with minor rusting on the edges.

This took me and a friend about 6 hours now I still hear a squeak and I really want to avoid taking it to a mechanic. I have a friend that's pretty good with this stuff but doesnt know much about AWD or WRXs... what can I look for or what kinda tests can we do to determine what the squeaking is or at least what it is not????

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
I had a "creak" up front I thought for sure was my springs (they were recently installed at the time) after much mucking about I discovered it was the sway links.

Disconnect the sway bar from the links and drive over the same area- if it's quiet, you found the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts